Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
Position: Coordinator, Marketing
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Position Reports to: Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer and Vice President, Brand
The marketing coordinator supports the entire Marketing Department and its team members in delivering on the overall marketing goals for ACVB with the objective of promoting Atlanta’s hospitality industry.
Discover Atlanta is an innovative, inclusive and diverse marketing organization publishing content in multiple print, digital and social channels, and regularly producing award-winning campaigns. Discover Atlanta publications are the leading resource for travelers and locals to find things to do – from arts and culture to history and heritage, restaurants and more. Operated by Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Discover Atlanta is the official destination marketing organization for the city and serves to favorably impact Atlanta’s economy through conventions and tourism, a multi-billion-dollar hospitality industry.
Responsibilities (including, but are not limited to the following)
Budget Tracking and Governance
- Maintain overall tracking of marketing programs (collateral, budget and project reports)
- Be the liaison between Finance and the Marketing leadership team on budget-related matters
- Budget management including invoice routing and approvals, tracking against budget forecast, and providing regular updates
- Provide oversight of vendor scopes of work, coordinating with department leaders for accountability tracking and cross-checking with approved budget
- Maintain the Digital Asset Management system (DAM) licensee approvals, tracking, and categorization/tagging of existing and new assets
- Assist in the implementation of marketing campaigns
- Assist in the building of spreadsheets, presentation decks and marketing reports
- Analyze data from various sources, including the visitors center and Contact Us feature to identify customer needs
- Plan and coordinate logistics for agency visits and department meetings and events
- Organize and maintain department standard operation procedures, guidelines, training documents etc.
- Manage shared resources (editorial calendar, media planning, metrics tracking, etc.)
- Produce stewardship reports for members and advertising partners
- Produce/support presentation preparations for department leaders
- Maintain a positive working relationship with industry partners, vendors, etc.
- Provide additional support to department projects and related ACVB programs as directed
- Attend ACVB, member and hospitality related events as directed
- Stay up to date with hospitality industry trends
- This position has no direct reports.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Excel, etc.), CRMs and collaboration applications
- Proficient in shared drive applications (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)
- Base understanding of design software a plus
- General knowledge of Atlanta’s hospitality industry
- Ability to stay up to date with general hospitality and marketing trends
Core Competencies (areas reviewed in annual performance evaluation)
- Job knowledge & accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively problem-solve
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong sense of time management with the ability to take initiative, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong sense of innovation with the ability to create and execute new ideas and concepts
Education & Work Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience (in marketing, graphic design and/or office administration preferred, internships included)
- Work Hours: Monday – Friday (minimal early mornings, late evenings and weekend work)
- Work Environment: Standard, temperature-controlled office environment with moderate office noise level
- During offsite meetings, events and site visits, work environment changes depending on location: hotel, restaurant, convention facilities, airplane, and related travel and event venues
- Work Location: This is a full-time on-site position located in the Atlanta four days a week, and one remote working day a week
- Physical Requirements: Note: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Where applicable, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
- Light lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Moderate amount of movement including moving between meeting rooms and workspaces, off-site meetings, event locations, etc. required
- Moderate amount of commuting to member meetings and other ACVB related events required
- Travel: 0-5%
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age or disability.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.