Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
Position: Coordinator, Marketing
Exemption Status: Nonexempt
Position Reports to: Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer
The Coordinator, Marketing supports the Department and its team members in delivering against the overall
marketing goals for the ACVB with the objective of promoting the Atlanta hospitality industry.
Through Discover Atlanta, the consumer facing brand, the ACVB Marketing Department is responsible for
developing programs to enhance the destination appeal of Atlanta, inform visitors and Metro area residents of
the abundance of things to do in the City, and to support the Sales, Service, and Membership departments in
their respective missions. The Marketing Department works with multiple outside agencies, vendors, and
freelance contractors to accomplish these goals. It is a young, dynamic and high energy team, passionate about
promoting the “City in the Forest” they call home.
Operated by Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Discover Atlanta is the official destination marketing
organization for the city and serves to favorably impact Atlanta’s economy through conventions and tourism, a
$16 billion hospitality industry, with an estimated 57 million visitors in 2019. Discover Atlanta is an innovative,
inclusive, and diverse marketing organization publishing content in multiple print, digital and social channels,
regularly producing award-winning campaigns. Discover Atlanta publications are the leading resource for
travelers and locals to find things to do – from arts and culture to history and heritage, restaurants and more.
(include, but are not limited to)
Budget Tracking and Governance
- Maintain overall tracking of marketing programs (collateral, budget, and project reports)
- Be the liaison between Finance and the Marketing leadership team on budget-related matters
- Budget management: invoice routing and approvals, tracking against budget forecast, and providing regular updates
- Provide oversight of vendor scopes of work, coordinating with department leaders for accountability tracking and cross-checking with approved budget
- Maintain Barberstock Digital Asset Management system (DAM) licensee approvals, tracking, and categorization/tagging of existing and new assets
- Review and approve 3rd party event submissions for description and image optimization
- Plan and coordinate logistics for agency visits and department meetings and events
- Organize and maintain department standard operation procedures, guidelines, training documents etc.
- Streamline and coordinate shared drive folders and working documents (editorial calendar, media planning, metrics tracking, etc)
- Produce stewardship reports for members and advertising partners
- Produce/support presentation preparations for department leaders
Other Related ACVB Activities
- Maintain a positive working relationship with industry partners, vendors, etc.
- Provide additional support to department projects and related ACVB programs as directed
- Stay up-to-date with hospitality industry trends
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; college degree strongly preferred
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong sense of time management with the ability to take initiative, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong sense of innovation with the ability to create and execute new ideas and concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CRMs
- Proficient in shared drive applications (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator preferred
- Basic graphic design skills, experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- General knowledge of Atlanta’s hospitality industry with an emphasis on the Downtown, Midtown, Buckhead, Eastside and Westside areas
(areas reviewed in annual performance evaluation)
- Communication skills
- Problem solving
- Customer service
- Monday – Friday (moderate early morning, late evening, and weekend work)
- Standard, temperature-controlled office environment with moderate, office noise level
- During off site meetings and events, work environment changes depending on location: hotel, restaurant, event facilities, etc.
Physical requirements – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Where applicable,
reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these
- Light lifting of up to 10lbs (items may be separated to reduce weight)
- Position requires a moderate amount of movement to include moving between meeting rooms and workspaces, off-site meetings, event locations etc.
- Position requires moderate amount of commuting to Atlanta Based members for site-visits and events
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age or disability.
Applicants: Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.