Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
Position: Representative, Visitor Information Centers
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Position Reports to: Supervisor, Membership and Director, Membership
The representative, visitor information centers is responsible for creating a personalized experience for leisure and business travelers by providing information about the City of Atlanta’s hospitality community (transportation, dining, hotels, attractions, etc.).
Discover Atlanta is an innovative, inclusive and diverse marketing organization publishing content in multiple print, digital and social channels, and regularly producing award-winning campaigns. Discover Atlanta publications are the leading resource for travelers and locals to find things to do – from arts and culture to history and heritage, restaurants and more. Operated by Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Discover Atlanta is the official destination marketing organization for the city and serves to favorably impact Atlanta’s economy through conventions and tourism, a multi-billion-dollar hospitality industry.
Responsibilities (including, but are not limited to the following)
- Greet every visitor with a warm and hospitable demeanor
- Review ACVB collateral, local newspapers, magazines, websites etc. for updates, upcoming activities, etc.
- Provide knowledge about the City of Atlanta’s hospitality community to visitors (attractions, restaurants, hotels, etc.)
- Encourage visitors to explore the diverse neighborhood pockets and its events
- Provide visitors with applicable resources (ACVB and member collateral, maps, etc.)
Other Related ACVB Activities
- Maintain current knowledge of member hotels, venues, restaurants and attractions
- Stay up-to-date with hospitality industry trends and development
- Maintain a positive working relationship with ACVB staff, members and hospitality community
This position has no direct reports.
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of metro Atlanta including information about attractions, restaurants, hotels, etc.
- Ability to provide clear, easy-to-follow directions (walking, public transportation, and driving) and the ability to draw, diagram, and map out simple directions
- Possess excellent customer service skills to include a sincere desire to help visitors and a demonstrated enthusiasm for Atlanta and its offerings
- Ability to research information using Internet search engines
Core Competencies (areas reviewed in annual performance evaluation)
- Job knowledge & accuracy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team player
- Excellent customer service and business etiquette skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Education & Work Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience required; hospitality or concierge experience preferred
- Work Hours: Sunday – Saturday 10am-6pm March -October 10am-5pm November -February (operating hours of VIC, individual 8 hour shifts vary)
- Work Environment: Standard, temperature-controlled visitor center environment with moderate traffic noise level
- Work Location: This is a part-time on-site position located in the Centennial Olympic Park Visitor Center
- Physical Requirements: Light lifting up to 10 lbs. Note: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Where applicable, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Travel: 0%
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age or disability.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.