Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
Position: Specialist, Content & Group Markets
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Position Reports to: Director, Group Markets
The content & group markets specialist is responsible for collaborating with ACVB members, convention services and sales teams to keep Atlanta visible as a top meetings and conventions destination. The position produces internal and external content across multiple channels and platforms to enhance destination appeal and drive engagement, primarily for our consumers – meeting planners, attendees and leisure visitors.
The specialist is a brand advocate and must understand the brand identity overall. They are responsible for supporting various teams to help build brand awareness and renewed interest to keep Atlanta visible as a top meetings, conventions and leisure destination and assist with attendance-building. To do this, the specialist is responsible for crafting relevant, compelling and creative stories, as well as researching consumer and content trends.
The ideal candidate will have great creative skills, be able to write for various audiences, be great with timelines AND have a passion for Atlanta. This is a unique opportunity to join a fun, award-winning marketing team responsible for inspiring travel to Atlanta, resulting in economic impact to the city.
Discover Atlanta is an innovative, inclusive and diverse marketing organization publishing content in multiple print, digital and social channels, and regularly producing award-winning campaigns. Discover Atlanta publications are the leading resource for travelers and locals to find things to do – from arts and culture to history and heritage, restaurants and more. Operated by Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Discover Atlanta is the official destination marketing organization for the city and serves to favorably impact Atlanta’s economy through conventions and tourism, a multi-billion-dollar hospitality industry.
Responsibilities (including, but are not limited to the following)
- Assist with development, creation and maintenance of collateral and content that support sales and client services with consistent marketing messaging (collateral development, presentations, etc.)
- Quality Assurance – ensure consistent, cohesive and appropriate messaging of Atlantameetings.com site, client mini sites, online bid books and related channels
- Serve as a trusted resource to the sales and service departments to ensure appropriate marketing resources are allocated
- Deploy email communications and coordinate the build of client mini sites
- Maintain and monitor group markets calendar
- Collaborate with the content marketing team and Discover Atlanta editorial team to develop content and implement the content strategy
- Provide customized marketing support to clients as directed, including tracking and reporting on all marketing efforts
- Maintain a positive working relationship with hospitality industry partners and relevant professional organizations
- Maintain current knowledge of member hotels, venues, restaurants and attractions
- Attend ACVB, member, and hospitality related events as directed
- Provide additional support to other department projects and related ACVB programs as directed
- Stay up to date with hospitality industry trends
This position has no direct reports.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent technology-based skillset to include knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, etc.), the Adobe Suite (i.e. InDesign), collaboration software (i.e. Google), and/or other design and presentation software
- Experience with popular content management systems (i.e. WordPress), with fluency in digital analytics
- Experience creating content for several different audiences and platforms
- Familiarity with SEO tools to measure the effectiveness of content initiatives
- Demonstrable experience in recent content creation and production with a portfolio of published work preferred
- Experience with social media engagement strategies and best practices
- Ability to conceive fresh and appealing ideas for new content that establishes or supports ACVB’s brand identity
- Thorough knowledge of Atlanta’s hospitality industry
Core Competencies (areas reviewed in annual performance evaluation)
- Job knowledge & accuracy
- Strong editorial skills, with a keen eye for style and grammatical errors
- Strong team player
- Detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage schedules and deadlines for multiple projects
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications or related field required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a marketing or content role (internships included)
- Work Hours: Monday – Friday (minimal early mornings, late evenings and weekend work)
- Work Environment: Standard, temperature-controlled office environment with moderate office noise level
- During offsite meetings and events and site visits, work environment changes depending on location: hotel, restaurant, convention facilities, airplane, and related travel and event venues
- Work Location: This is a full-time on-site position located in the Atlanta office four days a week, and one remote working day a week
- Physical Requirements: Note: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Where applicable, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
- Light lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Moderate amount of movement and commuting including traveling between meeting rooms and workspaces, off-site meetings, ACVB-related event locations, etc. required
- Travel: 0-10%
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age or disability.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.