Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
Position: Specialist, Data & Reporting
Exemption Status: Nonexempt
Position Reports to: Director, Research
Location: In-person position working in the Atlanta office (option for 1 remote workday per week)
The data and reporting specialist is responsible for providing support with ACVB’s CRM, data and
reporting tools. Data addressed by this position may relate to sales and marketing, customer
accounts, convention / meeting planner survey feedback, the accommodations industry (hotels and
short-term rentals), tourism, consumer trends, events and economic impact. The position will work
closely with both the director of Research and the Technology and Facilities departments on learning
how the current systems operate (particularly involving SQL and Tableau), making additions or
updates to reporting tools, refreshing dashboards, loading data and extracting information from the
CRM database. The ideal candidate will be solution, process and detail-oriented with an interest in
learning new systems and technologies.
(including, but are not limited to the following)
- Learn how key ACVB’s dashboards and data management system operate.
- Enhance reports and systems as new needs and capabilities become available.
- Support users of reports and CRM in locating and validating data.
- Troubleshoot reporting tools.
- Update scorecards using PowerPoint and Tableau.
- Extract values from CRM database using SQL to address new questions.
- Extract and process data from PDF, Excel files and other sources to refresh dashboards.
- Degree in computer science or related field required
- Minimum of one year of work experience or related research internship experience in a business environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (industry & professional)
- Ability to interpret the function of components in an existing database or technical system
- Interest in CRM systems, sales processes and data visualization
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new software and tools
- Basic knowledge of and interest in developing skills with Tableau and SQL
- Experience with other data visualization tools (such as PowerBi, Google Data Studio) preferred, but not required
(areas reviewed in annual performance evaluation)
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking/problem solving/highly analytical
- Customer service
- Computer skills
- Monday – Friday (minimal early morning, late evening, and weekend work)
- Standard, temperature controlled office environment with moderate, office noise level
- During off-site meetings work environment may change depending on location: hotel, restaurant, convention facilities, airplane, and related travel and event venues
- Light lifting of up to 10 lbs.
- Less than 10%
Full COVID-19 vaccination required
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. shall not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age or disability.
Applicants: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.