Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
Position: Specialist, Research
Exemption Status: Nonexempt
Position Reports to: Director, Research
Location: In-person position working in the Atlanta office (option for 1 remote workday per week)
The research specialist is responsible for providing support with analysis, reporting and management
of data at ACVB. Data addressed by this position may relate to sales and marketing, customer
accounts, convention / meeting planner survey feedback, the accommodations industry (hotels and
short-term rentals), tourism, consumer trends, events and economic impact. The position will work
closely with the director on utilizing current analysis tools (including Tableau), loading data,
refreshing dashboards and analyzing information.
The specialist will work with other departments as well to understand their research needs, develop
solutions to address these needs, and share insights to enhance ACVB’s ability to effectively market
Atlanta as a destination for meetings, conventions, leisure and business travelers.
(include, but are not limited to)
- Analyze data, identify insights, and share analysis in brief written accounts or PowerPoint documents.
- Review reports and analysis from suppliers.
- Collaborate on projections related to Atlanta’s accommodations industry.
- Collaborate with other departments (such as sales and marketing) on understanding research needs and developing solutions.
- Update scorecards using PowerPoint and Tableau.
- Extract and process data from PDF, Excel files and other sources to refresh dashboards.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, math, economics, data analytics, or related field required
- Minimum of one year of work experience or related research internship experience in a business environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (industry & professional)
- Ability to work with and analyze data
- Ability to consider organizational needs and propose research solutions
- Experience with web analytics and marketing data (including social media) preferred
- Writing skills sufficient for brief analytical pieces
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new software and tools
- Basic knowledge of or interest in developing skills with Tableau
- Experience with other data visualization tools (such as PowerBi, Google Data Studio) preferred, but not required
(areas reviewed in annual performance evaluation)
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking/problem solving/highly analytical
- Customer service
- Computer skills
- Monday – Friday (minimal early morning, late evening, and weekend work)
- Standard, temperature-controlled office environment with moderate, office noise level
- During off-site meetings work environment may change depending on location: hotel, restaurant, convention facilities, airplane, and related travel and event venues
Physical requirements – Physical requirements – The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Where applicable, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Light lifting of up to 10 lbs
- Less than 10%
Full COVID-19 vaccination required
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. shall not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age or disability.
Applicants: Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.