Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau
Position: Specialist, Technology
Department: Technology (04)
Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Position Reports to Vice President, Technology and Facilities
This individual is responsible for first level support for all ACVB internal end-users and stakeholders. This includes serving as a resource for technical questions around equipment, software, and office space, provide technical guidance for meeting and rsvp support, monitoring resources for effective performance, performing software installations and updates, maintain tracking records on inventory and warranties to ensure timely extensions, handling user access needs, maintaining device connectivity to network.
Primary Responsibilities (including, but are not limited to the following)
- Troubleshoot and resolve support tickets and keep details and status updates in internal helpdesk ticketing system
- Provide technical support to staff on software related issues, including Microsoft products and systems (Windows 10, 365 Email and integrated apps, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams)
- Provide technical support to staff on hardware related issues (Nextiva phone system, printers, digital displays, reservation a\v equipment, access cards, etc.)
- Assist with day-to-day end user support for the CRM. (adding\deactivating users, creating tickets up to vendors
- Serve as technical support for meeting related functions (reserving meeting rooms, virtual meeting software, rsvp setup, managing equipment, etc.)
- Offer technical support for members and industry partners on ACVB related functions
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with remote locations (satellite offices, visitor information centers, etc.)
- Promote staff development and management of IT to include assisting vice president with one-on-one staff and group training
- Assist in routine maintenance and updates to all IT systems
- Monitor IT inventory (end-user and communal area devices and peripherals)
- Maintain desktop computing environment to include operating system updates, virus protection software, inventory\warranty renewals and device end-of-life dates
- Assist in the upkeep of the 365 environments to include: public\private file shares, user email and message tracking
- Act as technical liaison between technology department and vendors to complete maintenance and updates on network infrastructure.
- Minimum Associate degree in Technology or equivalent certifications
- Work Experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an IT support role
- Experience supporting multiple (3+) users or external customers
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 and 2012, desktop updates and patching
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 8.1 or higher
- Experience with Microsoft 365 (cloud-based) environment preferred
- Proficiency in troubleshooting client & network computer problems
- Ability to learn software quickly for evaluation and training of end-users
- Proficiency in accessing knowledge bases and obtaining technical support via phone
Core Competencies (areas reviewed in annual performance evaluation)
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
- Job Knowledge
- Customer Service
- Work hours
- Monday – Friday (minimum early morning, late evening, and weekend work)
- Work environment – temporarily remote due to COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak
- Standard, temperature-controlled office environment with moderate, office noise level
- During off-site meetings work environment may change depending on location: hotel, restaurant, convention facilities, airplane and related travel and event venues
- Physical requirements – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Where applicable, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Moderate lifting 10 to 25 lbs
- Position requires significant amount of movement during office hours to include moving between office/remote locations, event locations, server room, meeting rooms and other employees’ workspaces etc.
- Less than 10%
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age or disability.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.