10 Reasons To Visit Atlanta In The Spring
Come for the spring color. Stay for the fun. Atlanta bursts into color each spring, with dogwoods and azaleas showing off all over town. Five of the city’s most popular attractions also are great places to catch spring colors in Atlanta.
And while you are here, you may as well have some fun. Here are 10 more reasons to visit Atlanta in the spring.
- Patios. Nothing says spring like a welcoming patio. With that in mind, here’s our take on the best patios in Atlanta. Stop for a drink. Get a bite, too.
- Festivals. We admit it. Our city is crazy about festivals, and they kick into high gear in the springtime.
- Parks. The city’s two most popular parks are Centennial Olympic Park downtown and Piedmont Park in Midtown. Pick up a to-go lunch and have a picnic in the park. Now that’s a springtime thing to do.
- Mimosas. Ah, if ever there was a springtime drink, a mimosa is it. Try one of these spots for bottomless mimosas in the ATL.
- Flicks. If you are a film buff, then come to Atlanta in the spring for the Atlanta Film Festival, one of only two dozen Academy Award-qualifying film festivals in the country.
- Shopping. Shoppers gotta shop, and it doesn’t get much better than Atlanta’s outdoor shopping meccas. Atlantic Station in Midtown is where to find IKEA, Banana Republic, Gap and plenty more. Also in Midtown, Ponce City Market beckons with Williams-Sonoma, Anthropologie, Elk Head Clothing, Goorin Bros. Hat Shop and so many more. On the Westside, the Westside Provisions District is home to Billy Reid, Free People, J. Crew and more, more, more. In Buckhead, duck into the Shops Around Lenox to find Reese Witherspoon’s Draper James and Crate & Barrel, among others.
- Walking, Running or Riding. The Atlanta BeltLine tugs at all of us in the spring, with its miles and miles of paths that take us through in-town neighborhoods and treat us to outdoor artwork and fabulous restaurants.
- Bicycle Tour. Springtime weather makes for the best bicycle tour of the city. At Bicycle Tours Atlanta, choose from the Fall In Love With Atlanta Tour, Street Art Tour or an Off the Wall mural tour. And get peddling.
- Baseball. Everybody knows that April brings baseball season, and our Atlanta Braves take to the field for home games at SunTrust Park. It’s a long way to October ball, and all true baseball fans like to check out the team early on.
- Soccer. Atlanta has fallen in love with its new MLS team, Atlanta United FC, and the season gets under way just ahead of spring, in early March. By the time spring rolls around, Atlanta’s soccer-crazed fans are already predicting a playoff berth. Watch our soccer stars at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
To make the most of your visit to Atlanta, check this list of 50 fun things to do.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.