Free Outdoor Movies in Atlanta
Summertime in Atlanta means free (or not too pricey) movies under the stars. Pack up all your cares and woes plus blankets and lawn chairs and enjoy these free outdoor movies in Atlanta this summer. We will update this list as movies are added.
Atlantic Station Movies in the District. Movies begin at dusk (usually around 8:30 p.m.). Some seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Movie goers are encouraged to bring blankets and lawn chairs. And, woof woof, friendly dogs are welcome.
- June 20: The Karate Kid (1984)
- June 27: Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- July 18: The Grinch (2018)
Candler Park Movie Night. The Candler Park Neighborhood Association promises new films, new projectors and new fun.
- Aug. 17: Ralph Breaks the Internet
- Sept. 7: Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse
Six Flags White Water, Dive-in Movies. Every Thursday night in June and July, movies are shown at the Atlanta Ocean Stage. Movies start just after 7 p.m. and are free with a 2019 season pass, membership or a valid one-day admission ticket to Six Flags White Water.
- June 20: How to train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
- June 27: Hotel Transylvania 3
- July 4: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- July 11: Mary Poppins Returns
- July 18: Ralph Breaks the Internet
- July 25: The Grinch
Town Brookhaven. Free Movies on the Town. Peachtree Road adjacent to Ogelthorpe University.
- July 11: The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part
- July 18: The Greatest Showman
- July 25: The Little Mermaid
- Aug. 1: Incredibles 2
- Aug. 8: Mamma Mia!
- Aug. 15: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again
- Aug. 22: Mary Poppins Returns
Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum. Screenings of these movies and TV shows occur inside, but they are free, so we thought you would be interested. All are shown in the Carter Presidential Library & Museum Theater. Times vary so check ahead.
- June 19: Black Panther
- June 27: Season 1, Stranger Things, episodes 1-4
- June 28: Season 1, Stranger Things, episodes 5-8
- July 1: Season 2, Stranger Things, episodes 1-3
- July 2: Season 2, Stranger Things, episodes 4-6
- July 2: First Man
- July 3: Season 2, Stranger Things, episodes 7-9
- Aug. 13: Fried Green Tomatoes
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.