ACVB Closes 2021 with Destination Accolades and Industry Awards
2021 was a banner year for the city of Atlanta with recognitions as one of the best destinations in the world for travelers as well as a top city for conventions and events.
- Lonely Planet included Atlanta as the only U.S. city in the travel brand’s Best in Travel list for 2022.
- Atlanta has been named to National Geographic’s prestigious Best of the World 2022 list, recognized for history and cultural offerings to visitors.
- Northstar Meetings Group crowned Atlanta as No. 1 on the Best Destinations for Large Events list, noting the city’s accessibility along with the walkable convention and entertainment district.
- Booking.com’s Top Trending Destinations for 2022 list included Atlanta as the No. 1 location travelers look to explore next year.
- With Atlanta BeltLine continuing to transform the city’s outdoor spaces, Outside magazine gave Atlanta the No. 1 spot on the annual list of Most Livable Towns and Cities in America.
- Atlanta landed the No. 2 spot on SmartAsset’s ranking of Best Cities for Conferences with its large number of hotels, affordable room rates, variety of dining options and accessibility to the airport.
In addition to these destination accolades, Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau received awards including a Platinum Hermes Creative Award in the integrated marketing category for the Atlanta’s Food Story campaign while DiscoverAtlanta.com was given an eTourism Summit eTSY Award for best website and a Silver HSMAI Adrian Award in the website category.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.