12 Best Atlanta Hotels for a Weekend Getaway with the Family
Got your itinerary ready for a family trip to Atlanta? Bring the kids, because these Atlanta hotels are perfect for a family getaway.
- The Artmore Hotel is a perfect hotel for an urban family vacation. Not only is it across from the Woodruff Arts Center and a MARTA station, but many of the rooms have full-size refrigerators. It also is pet friendly so you don’t have to hire a pet sitter.
- Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown is a few blocks from Piedmont Park, making it perfect for families to walk to family-friendly festivals such as the Atlanta Arts Festival and the Dogwood Festival. Adding to the family fun is an indoor/outdoor pool.
- The Embassy Suites are one of the best bargains for families, thanks to the suites arrangements plus breakfast included (and complimentary evening reception for parents). Atlanta has three Embassy Suites, all perfectly located for family fun. The Embassy Suites Atlanta at Centennial Olympic Park is close to CNN Center, the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coca-Cola; the Embassy Suites Atlanta Buckhead is best for shopping at the city’s world-famous malls; and the Embassy Suites Atlanta Airport is great for family reunions as well as exploring the area’s Southside.
- If luxury is what your family wants, look no further than the Four Seasons Atlanta where there are loads of onsite amenities such as a living produce farm with two hives of honeybees, child-sized bathrobes and bedtime cookies. The children’s menu has such fun options as “ants on a log” and “chicken and stars soup.”
- Sometimes you want to go out of town, but not too far. Then try Foxhole Resort and Sporting Club. It’s 25 miles from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. There are plenty of activities such as hiking, canoeing, fishing and guided ATV rides.
- The Atlanta Hilton downtown has one of the most extensive fitness and recreation offerings. Not only is there a pool, but families also can enjoy a tennis court, basketball and jogging track. The hotel, which offers cribs and high chairs, is also close to several museums.
- Not only is the Loews Hotel Atlanta a perfect location (it’s a few blocks from Piedmont Park), but it offers such amenities as a lending libraries of games and childproofing kits. In addition, there is a “Loews Loves Kids” activity book for children younger than 10, a “Kids Closet” offering items for guests to use during their stay. The closet contains toys, car seats, strollers, age-appropriate DVDs and children’s menus with healthy options.
- The Marriott Marquis Hotel offers great packages for families, including staying four blocks from the Georgia Aquarium and World of Coca-Cola and receiving the VIP treatment with “Anytime” tickets ready and waiting for you as you check in.
The Georgia Aquarium VIP package includes: Accommodations for one evening at Atlanta Marriott Marquis with weekend package rates, discount hotel overnight valet parking, breakfast for two at the hotel’s Sear restaurant and two Anytime Georgia Aquarium total tickets to the Georgia Aquarium’s permanent galleries plus the aquarium’s AT&T Dolphin Celebration, Funbelievable 4D Theater and Sea Lions at SunTrust Pier 225. There are also special packages for the World of Coca-Cola and Atlanta United soccer team.
Be among the first to experience the exciting and just-opened Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel. The hotel, which is connected to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, is enhancing its kid-friendly activities over the summer and will offer special kid surprises upon check-in. At the hotel’s outdoor space, families can play board games, corn hole and other activities.
- The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta and Ritz-Carlton Buckhead both offer a VIK (Very Important Kids) program where children receive a warm welcome with Ritz Kids activity book and crayons. There is also a self-guided scavenger hunt at the hotel. The hotels also offer family packages such as Family Bed & Breakfast, Family Game Day and Georgia Aquarium Family. At the Buckhead location the hotel shows Dive-in Movies every Friday and Saturday at the indoor pool.
- Located 75 miles outside Atlanta, the Ritz-Carlton Lake Oconee is the perfect family getaway that isn’t too far from home. There is a Ritz Kids Camp and Kids Night Out, which are themed evenings of games and arts and crafts. The Ritz also offers Leave Your Trace, an experience that brings the outdoors indoors with crafting kits, legend books and a customized tepee. For children who love to read, there is Dooley’s Dozen Book Club.
- The Twelve Hotel, at Centennial Olympic Park and Atlantic Station, is perfect for families. Each room has a full kitchen, and the hotel offers special packages that take advantage of its prime locations, such as Beluga Package, Whale Shark and Family Stay & Play.
Whether you’re bringing the whole family or visiting solo, find the best hotel for you in Atlanta here.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.