Stay in Style at One of Atlanta’s 7 Coolest Hotels
Atlanta welcomes more than 51 million visitors a year and has hotels for every taste and budget: luxury hotels, budget hotels and suite hotels that are perfect for families. But we also have hotels that score high on the “cool” scale.
Whether it is the decor, the bar or the general ambiance that says “We love you just the way you are,” Atlanta has some of the coolest hotels. Here are just some of our favorites.
- Hotel Indigo. There are three Hotel Indigos, one each in Midtown, College Park and Downtown. All three hotels have great bars, treats for pets and rooms that are vibrant, colorful and which reflect a proud artistic flair. The downtown hotel was designed by iconic Atlanta architect John Portman and features a curved, glass-and-step staircase and a circular bar. The College Park hotel, just minutes away from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, brews its own beers and roasts its own coffee. How cool is that?
- W Hotels. Both the W Atlanta Downtown and W Atlanta Midtown feature the wonderful Bliss Spa and colorful and friendly bars. Both hotels feature amazing pools (the downtown pool is on the roof), amenities for pets and hip bars from Randy Gerber (Cindy Crawford’s husband and George Clooney’s BFF).
- AC Hotel. The new AC Hotel Atlanta Buckhead is right in the heart of the shopping district of Buckhead with Phipps Plaza next door. The design is elegant, simple and tranquil. Owned by Marriott, the hotel features AC Lounge plus a tapas and wine restaurant.
- Le Meridien Atlanta. Located in the Perimeter Center area, Le Meridien Atlanta boasts an innovative hotel lobby concept featuring a coffeehouse-style gathering place, complete with an espresso bar with music played by the French bossa nova band “Nouvelle Vague.” A fire pit on the outdoor patio is another benefit for relaxing and hanging with friends.
- The Artmore Hotel. Located in the heart of Midtown, this independent boutique is a renovated 1924 Spanish Mediterranean hotel with an updated romantic and quirky style.The Studio Bar & Cocktail Garden is a hip and contemporary bar that offers beer, wine and craft cocktails.
- TWELVE Hotels. Enjoy a new approach to design with the TWELVE Hotel that couples upscale condos and apartments with a boutique hotel. The TWELVE Hotels — Centennial Olympic Park and Atlantic Station — feature the amenities of home, complete with one- and two-bedroom suites with full kitchens, stainless steel appliances and ergonomic chairs.
- Ellis Hotel. An historic Peachtree Street landmark, the Ellis Hotel features 127 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and farm-to-table cuisine at the Terrace Bistro Restaurant & Lounge. The hotel has a women’s-only floor, a pet friendly floor and a fresh air floor.
No matter what kind of place you’re looking to stay, find it at our comprehensive Atlanta hotels page.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.