Jackson Street Bridge
Snap a selfie at Jackson Street Bridge
Years ago, the Jackson Street Bridge was a secret among Atlanta insiders, but the secret got out, and now plenty of visitors and residents know that the Jackson Street Bridge is THE place to go in Atlanta to get the very best view of the Downtown skyline. If you want to document your trip to the ATL, snap a selfie from the bridge. There you will be, with an amazing view of Downtown right behind your smiling face.
Reasons to visit Jackson Street Bridge
- It’s close-in, and there isn’t a ton of traffic.
- Standing on the bridge, between Cain Street NE and Highland Avenue NE, costs not a penny. Getting the very best picture of the Downtown Atlanta skyline is absolutely free.
- The photo will look terrific on your Facebook page.
- If you are into photography, it’s a great place to experiment with various techniques.
- The spot is known as the “quintessential Atlanta view.”
- Jackson Street Bridge features a vantage point of Downtown and is the iconic shot from the first season of “The Walking Dead.”
- Go at sunset for a fab photo.
- Google Jackson Street Bridge, Atlanta, before you go to get an idea of the shots you can get, and don’t be surprised when you see it’s an iconic image from” The Walking Dead.”
- If you have the time, go at three different times during the day (sunrise, midday, sunset) to capture the city in different light settings.
Know before you go
Where is Jackson Street Bridge located?
Jackson Street Bridge is located between Cain Street NE and Highland Avenue NE at:
Jackson Street NE
Atlanta, Ga. 30312
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.