Stone Mountain Park
Mountains of fun for the whole family
Spread across 3,200 beautiful acres, Stone Mountain Park is Georgia’s most-visited attraction–and with good reason. The fun never ends at Stone Mountain Park, where family activities reign during every season. Visit the park, built around the world’s largest piece of exposed granite (that’d be Stone Mountain), for Spring Fun Break, Memorial Day Weekend, the Fantastic Fourth Celebration, the Yellow Daisy Festival, Pumpkin Festival, Stone Mountain Christmas and Snow Mountain.
Reasons to visit Stone Mountain Park
- Stone Mountain is the place to take your family to see the Lasershow Spectacular in Mountainvision®. The lights are choreographed with toe-tapping tunes and take-your-breath-away pyrotechnics. It is the very best way to cap off a day at Stone Mountain Park.
- The Crossroads area is the spot to spend a few hours watching live shows, shopping and dining.
- Stone Mountain is a great place to throw a party, have a family reunion or host a company picnic. The professionals at Stone Mountain Park will plan and host your group event for you. Your requirement: Have a ball.
- Learn a little history as you gaze up at the faces carved into the mountain. Who are they? Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson and Jefferson Davis.
- Attractions include Summit Skyride, Geyser Towers®, SkyHike®, Scenic Railroad, 4-D Theater, Ride The Ducks™, The Great Barn®, Great Locomotive Chase Adventure Golf, Antebellum Plantation & Farmyard and Discovering Stone Mountain Museum at Memorial Hall.
- In addition to all the attractions, there are lakes and hiking trails.
- There’s a Marriott Hotel, the perfect headquarters for a family mini-vacation. Enjoy the pool, Giant Chess and Giant Checkers at poolside and a variety of restaurants such as Waterside Restaurant.
Know before you go
When is Stone Mountain Park open?
Park gates open daily at 5 a.m. and close at midnight. Attraction hours vary. Visit the Calendar page for attraction hours on the day of your visit.
Where is Stone Mountain Park located?
Due to its size, the park has several physical addresses. Get driving directions to the park. Physical address for mapping programs is:
Stone Mountain Park
U.S. Highway 78 East, Exit 8
Stone Mountain, Ga. 30087
1000 Robert E. Lee Blvd.
Stone Mountain, Ga. 30083
How much do tickets to the Park cost?
Purchase Stone Mountain Park tickets in advance online with a variety of ticket options and packages to choose from.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.