Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
Position: Specialist, Digital Marketing
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Position Reports to: Director, Digital Strategy and Innovation
The specialist, digital marketing will help operate and maintain Discover Atlanta’s award-winning digital channels, focused on DiscoverAtlanta.com but also apps and media campaigns. Working with the director, digital strategy and innovation, the specialist will collaborate with the content marketing team, internal departments and agencies to produce compelling landing pages, promotional headers and other digital programs for visitors, meeting planners and convention attendees.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, detail-oriented marketer with a can-do attitude and an eagerness to learn. They will have a passion for Atlanta and helping to promote the city’s attractions, events, restaurants, hotels and convention services to a digital audience. This is a unique opportunity to join a fun, award-winning marketing team responsible for inspiring travel to Atlanta, resulting in economic impact to the city.
Discover Atlanta is the city’s official guide for travelers and locals to find things to do – from arts and culture to history, restaurants and more. Operated by Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Discover Atlanta is the marketing organization for the destination and serves to favorably impact Atlanta’s economy through conventions and tourism. ACVB bolsters Atlanta’s $16 billion hospitality industry, which generated an estimated 57 million visitors in 2019.
(include, but are not limited to)
- Create landing pages and promotions using WordPress and customer relationship management system.
- Write copy, edit photography and video as needed to produce landing pages and app content
- Update website with copy edits, new images and video
- Assume role of editor of the popular Atlanta events calendar by reviewing, approving and adding events; curate Atlanta’s best events for visitors and locals on DiscoverAtlanta.com and app
- Review web analytics reports to track trends and determine opportunities for optimization and improvements
- Troubleshoot technical issues, submitting maintenance requests to developers and IT as needed
- Assist with digital marketing projects and campaigns as needed, including link-building initiatives to further boost web site SEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or a related field (required)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in digital marketing
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with content management systems (especially WordPress)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with photo and video editing tools
- Minimum of 1 year in customer relationship management systems (CRM)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication (oral and written) with an emphasis on writing web and marketing copy for headlines, web banners, landing pages
- Solid analytical skills and basic knowledge of web analytics reporting
- Working knowledge of Web site and mobile technology infrastructure
- Knowledge of basic design principles and web layout U/X best practices
- Experience with search engine optimization and digital marketing tactics preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact productively with team members across multiple departments, clients, and agencies
(areas reviewed in annual performance evaluation)
- Communication (verbal and writing)
- Problem solving
- Job Knowledge
- Customer Service
- Monday – Friday (minimal early morning, late evening, and weekend work)
- Standard, temperature-controlled office environment with moderate, office noise level
- During site visits work environment changes depending on location: hotel, restaurant, convention facilities, airplane, and related travel and event venues
Physical requirements – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Where applicable, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Light lifting of 5 to 10 lbs
- Position requires minimal amount of movement during offsite meetings
- Position requires minimal amount of commuting during offsite meetings
- Less than 10%
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age or disability.
Applicants: Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.