LGBTQ Bars & Nightlife
Discover Atlanta’s LGBTQ bars and clubs
Dance the night away to the beats of superstar DJs or mix and mingle over specialty concoctions on a nearby patio. Atlanta’s LGBTQ nightlife offers something for everyone. Bring the action at energy-pumping themed parties throughout the week or catch an impromptu drag performance in a no-frills atmosphere where the drinks are always flowing. From chic lounges to sizzling clubs, Atlanta’s diverse after-hours scene doesn’t disappoint.
Top LGBTQ bars
- Blake’s on the Park – Conveniently located in the middle of the Midtown “gayborhood,” this institution boasts a neighborhood vibe and attracts a mix of Atlanta bachelors, as well as some of the city’s most legendary drag queens.
- Friends – For those seeking an easy-going, off-the-beaten path watering hole, Friends is a no-attitude bar with inexpensive drinks and pool tables. It’s a perfect place to catch up and relax.
- Mary’s – Proudly referred to as East Atlanta’s gay dive bar, Mary’s was named by Logo Channel and Out Magazine as one of the best gay bars in the world.
- Sister Louisa’s Church of the Living Room & Ping Pong Emporium – Church, as it’s commonly called, is a quirky non-smoking spot loaded with tongue-in-cheek (sac)religious art, killer organ karaoke every Wednesday and super-gay patio parties.
Top LGBTQ nightlife spots
- Bulldogs – Located in the heart of Midtown, Bulldogs is recognized for hot DJs who spin house and hip-hop while bartenders assure you’re treated right and get your money’s worth.
- The Heretic Atlanta – Throughout the labyrinth layout of this nightlife spot you’ll find a diverse crowd jamming to the heavy beats of renowned DJs who bring tunes your dancing feet can’t resist.
- My Sister’s Room – Atlanta’s only lesbian bar, My Sister’s Room is located in thriving East Atlanta Village. With a pub feel during the day and nightclub vibe at night, there’s plenty of space to dance inside and mingle on the back deck.
- XS Ultra Lounge – XS is home to Traxx Atlanta, the mega-popular black gay nightlife group that hosts weekly events and huge parties during Atlanta’s infamous Black Gay Pride.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.