Getting around Atlanta is a breeze with MARTA
MARTA’s trains, buses and para-transit vehicles provide about 420,000 passenger trips within the city of Atlanta and Fulton and DeKalb counties every weekday. Accessible directly from the airport, MARTA provides public transportation that is convenient, safe and clean.
Reasons to choose MARTA
- MARTA is a quick and easy way to get to some of Atlanta’s favorite special event venues. For a minimal fee, you can travel to popular Atlanta neighborhoods for shopping, dining and special events.
- MARTA’s Breeze cards make getting on and off the train simple. Load your card with as many trip or days as you need and be on your way. You can purchase anything from an individual trip or one-day pass to a full-month pass, whatever best suits your needs.
- MARTA offers special service hours during major events. Trains may run later or more frequently to help you get to your next stop.
- MARTA makes getting around Atlanta even more affordable. A single trip costs only $2.50.
- Don’t want to try your hand driving Downtown? Most MARTA stations offer ample parking, so you can drive into Atlanta and then take the train into the center of the action.
- When you buy your Breeze card, load it with as many trips as you’ll need on your visit. Whether it’s a simple round trip from the airport to your hotel and back (that’s two total rides, or $5) or a week-long unlimited pass, know in advance what your best option is and purchase it. You will save time and money when you plan in advance.
- Check MARTA’s website for train and bus schedules. They run consistently, but may vary on holidays or during major events.
- On weekends, trains run until 1 a.m., so keep an eye on the clock and get to your train on time.
Know before you go
What are the operation hours of MARTA?
The bus runs from 5 a.m. to 1 a.m. on weekdays, 5 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. during weekends. Check bus routes and schedules.
The train runs from 4:45 am to 1 a.m. on weekdays, 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. during weekends. Check train stations and schedules.
What is the train frequency?
Rush Hours: 20 minutes (6 – 9 a.m. and 3 – 7 p.m.)
Non-Rush Hour: 20 minutes
Nights and Weekends: 20 minutes
How much is the ride?
All MARTA fares must be purchased with a Breeze card or Breeze ticket. Breeze cards are $2 and may be reloaded for up to three years, whereas Breeze tickets are $1 for single-use only. MARTA fare is $2.50 for a one-way trip. Check MARTA fare programs for more special fare options.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.