Filming live shots in Atlanta
Looking for scenic filming locations in Atlanta? There are many picturesque spots around the city that are ideal for live shots and standups.
- Centennial Olympic Park offers a great view of the Downtown skyline along with the Fountain of Rings. This area is frequented by people and typically has an abundance of foot traffic.
- Jackson Street Bridge features another vantagepoint of Downtown and is the iconic shot from the first season of The Walking Dead. This location works for a standup, but there is no designated parking for a vehicle.
- Piedmont Park is a beautiful greenspace, located in the city’s Midtown arts district, with many areas that capture the neighborhood skyline.
- In Buckhead, Atlanta’s third skyline can be viewed from Chastain Park, located in this affluent shopping district.
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium, home to the Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United FC, offers nearby greenspaces that set up great shots of the facility.
Additional points of interest
- Atlanta mural by STATS located on Marietta Street
- Attractions surrounding Centennial Olympic Park:
- Georgia Aquarium
- World of Coca-Cola
- Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame
- National Center for Civil and Human Rights
- SkyView Atlanta Ferris wheel.
- The exterior of State Farm Arena spells out Atlanta, making for a unique shot.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park includes the famed civil rights activist’s birth home and final resting place.
- The Eastside is Atlanta’s fun and funky side of town with many neighborhoods full of eclectic visuals and street art.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.