Atlanta’s theater scene starts at the Alliance
The Tony Award-winning Alliance Theatre has staged more than 70 premieres and is known for developing American musicals such as “Sister Act: A Divine Musical Comedy.”
Reasons to visit the Alliance Theatre
- It is the flagship theater of the Southeast.
- Shows that have premiered at the Alliance Theatre include Alice Walker’s “The Color Purple.”
- Barry Manilow and Bruce Sussman’s play “Harmony: A New Musical ” made its debut when it opened the Alliance’s 2013 season.
- The Alliance is recognized nationally as a model for audience diversity.
- There isn’t a bad seat in the house.
- The Alliance’s version of “A Christmas Carol,” on stage for 24 years, may well be the most original of the many thousand productions of the Charles Dickens’ classic that have appeared throughout the years. (We think it definitely is the best ever.)
- Elton John’s “Aida,” made its premiere at the Alliance and went on to win a Tony.
Know before you go
Where is the Alliance Theatre located?
The Alliance Theatre is conveniently located in the heart of Midtown Atlanta at:
1280 Peachtree St. NE
Atlanta, Ga. 30309
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.