Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Position Reports to: Specialist, Data and Reporting | and Director, Research
The research internship provides an in-depth learning experience about destination marketing organizations with a focus on analytics, data and reporting.
Responsibilities (including, but are not limited to the following)
- Learn how to process and analyze a variety of data related to travel and tourism, such as hotel data from STR and other suppliers, airline data, sales and meeting data from ACVB, visitor behavior from mobile location data, marketing performance data and more
- Learn how to utilize Tableau for data management, visualization, and analysis
- Learn the basic operation of Simpleview (CRM database)
- Update scorecards using PowerPoint and Tableau
- Compose brief written summaries of findings from scorecards
- Collaborate with research team to improve some dashboards and reports, and collaborate with users from sales, marketing and other departments to improve their use and experience of these dashboards and ACVB’s CRM
Knowledge & Skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze data using Microsoft Excel
- Basic knowledge of and interest in developing skills with Tableau and SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
Education & Work Experience
- Currently pursuing a degree in data, analytics, computer science, marketing, business, or a related field
- Intern Hours: Monday – Friday 20 hours/week during normal, business hours
- Work Environment: Standard, temperature-controlled office environment with moderate office noise level
- Work Location: This is a full-time on-site position located in the Atlanta office five days a week, for a maximum duration of 12 weeks
- Physical Requirements: Light lifting up to 5 lbs. Note: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Where applicable, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
- Travel: 0%
- Academic credit: If intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it will be the intern’s responsibility to make arrangements with their school.
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age or disability.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.