5 Places to Go for Dinner and Dancing on your Atlanta Night Out
What is more romantic than dinner and dancing? Not much. Whether it’s cheek-to-cheek or the fast-moving salsa, here are our favorite places for dinner and dancing in Atlanta.
- Johnny’s Hideaway has been Atlanta’s place for dinner and dancing since 1979. Johnny’s Hideaway appeals to anyone who loves good music and dancing, especially under the mirrored ball. Johnny’s Hideaway features DJs spinning hits from the ’50s all the way up to today. There is a Sinatra Room and a King’s Corner (Elvis) full of great memorabilia. The menu features sandwiches, salads, burgers and wings.
- Loca Luna is the go-to place for tapas, music and dancing. Located in Midtown, Loca Luna offers an eclectic mix of traditional Latin cuisine, cocktails and live musicians every night. If you come on Wednesday, you can enjoy free salsa lessons. The food is delicious with a menu ranging from Peruvian ceviche to cumin-crusted brisket to paella. Drinks include margaritas, mojitos and sangria along with beer and wine. Check out the website because Loca Luna usually has food or drink specials as well as special events such as Hips & Salsa Saturdays and Latin Sol Fridays.
- Taverna Plaka, located on Cheshire Bridge Road, offers authentic and delicious Greek food, and then turns into one of Atlanta’s hottest late night places to cut a rug – or more precisely – enjoy Greek dancing and belly dancers. Feast on moussaka, chicken santorini and braised lamb shank and then, as the DJ spins hip Mediterranean music and the bartenders poor ouzo, you’ll feel yourself throwing napkins, dancing and shouting “Opa!”
- Open since 2010, the Sound Table, located on Edgewood Avenue, is open from Wednesday through Sunday and offers great drinks, food and, as the slogan says, “Dancing is strongly encouraged.” You’ll need lots of energy to keep pace with the DJs, and the Sound Table has an eclectic menu with mussels, shrimp and chorizo tacos, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, and hanger steak.
- Noni’s, located on Edgewood Avenue, is a neighborhood trattoria that is a popular dance club on Friday and Saturdays. This eatery is known for its sandwiches and pasta but also is a fun casual place to work off the calories by dancing.
Plan your next night out in Atlanta at our nightlife guide. Looking to spend more than one night out with that special someone? Try our ideas for a romantic ATL getaway.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.