Children’s Christmas Parade
A Very Merry Atlanta Holiday Tradition
This event may have been changed due to COVID-19 outbreak precautions. Please check official event and venue websites to confirm the status.
When: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Colony’s Square’s Season on the Square
The Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Christmas Parade is the largest holiday parade in the southeast, featuring enormous floats, stunning balloons, marching bands, and holiday spirit. Founded in 1981, the Children’s Christmas Parade is one of Atlanta’s best-loved holiday traditions, making it a must-see for Atlanta visitors and families. This year, the annual parade will be replaced by a new holiday tradition. Families can enjoy a full day of fun at Colony’s Square’s Season on the Square. The Lighting at Colony Square celebration held Saturday, December 4, 2021.
New for 2021: A full day of celebration
- Highlights of the parade, like bands and dance groups, will still play a role in the celebration with a 20-minute Street Extravaganza performance on Peachtree Street and the Main Stage at Colony Square.
- There are several events and sponsorships that will benefit Children’s, including Breakfast with Santa and proceeds from the Colony Square ice-skating rink ticket sales.
- In place of a Parade Grand Marshall, a Children’s patient will now have the honor of lighting the Christmas Tree at Colony Square to mark the official beginning of the holiday season on the evening of December 4.
See a full list of activities here.
Reasons to go to the Children’s Christmas
- Get into the holiday spirit with a new holiday tradition, benefiting a great cause – Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Have breakfast with Santa at the Hotel Midtown before the parade.
- On Peachtree Street, the helium balloons of favorite Holiday characters – some more than two stories tall – will soar over you and your family.
- Cheer on your favorite marching bands, dancers, and organizations as they trumpet and whirl through Midtown.
- Make it a Midtown outing for the family. After the parade, grab a bite to eat at a nearby Midtown Atlanta restaurant.
- Save yourself the headache of finding parking and take MARTA to the celebration. The Arts Center and Midtown stations are two closest stations to Colony’s Square.
- Wondering what to bring to the celebration? Don’t forget to dress warm, depending on the weather. Folding chairs and blankets are also allowed on the route. The event is rain or shine, so grab an umbrella and rain jacket if there are showers in the forecast.
- The parade is not taking place in 2021. For the best view of the Atlanta Christmas Parade and a guaranteed place to sit, reserve bleacher seats in advance.
Know before you go
Where does the Atlanta Christmas Parade start?
The parade is not taking place in 2021. The parade will step-off at 10:20am at Peachtree Street at 16th Street; 1280 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309.
Where does the Atlanta Christmas Parade end?
The parade is not taking place in 2021. The parade will end at Peachtree Street at 5th Street; 800 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309.
Where can I get more information on the Atlanta Christmas Parade?
The parade is not taking place in 2021. For general information or inquiries about the Christmas Parade, contact Alex Faas at (404) 785-9402.
Is parking available for the Christmas Parade?
The parade is not taking place in 2021. While MARTA is the recommended method for getting to the parade, if you are considering driving, the Colony Square parking deck on 14th, the Campanile parking deck on Juniper, the Proscenium parking deck on Crescent and the Promenade II parking deck on 15th will be open. Rates will apply.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.