Children’s Christmas Parade
A Very Merry Atlanta Holiday Tradition
This event may have been changed due to COVID-19 outbreak precautions. Please check official event and venue websites to confirm the status.
When: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Parade Start: A Look Back At 40 Years of the Children’s Christmas Parade will air on WSB-TV
The Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Christmas Parade is the largest holiday parade in the southeast, featuring enormous floats, stunning balloons, marching bands, and holiday spirit. Founded in 1981, the Children’s Christmas Parade is one of Atlanta’s best-loved holiday traditions, making it a must-see for Atlanta visitors and families.
Reasons to go to the Children’s Christmas Parade
- Get into the holiday spirit at the largest Christmas parade in the Southeast, benefiting a great cause – Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Have breakfast with Santa at the Four Seasons Atlanta Hotel before the parade.
- On Peachtree Street, the helium balloons of favorite Holiday characters – some more than two stories tall – will soar over you and your family.
- Cheer on your favorite marching bands, dancers, and organizations as they trumpet and whirl through Midtown.
- Make it a Midtown outing for the family. After the parade, grab a bite to eat at a nearby Midtown Atlanta restaurant.
- For the best view of the Atlanta Christmas Parade and a guaranteed place to sit, reserve bleacher seats in advance.
- Save yourself the headache of finding parking and take MARTA to the parade. The Midtown and Arts Center stations are located along the parade route.
- Wondering what to bring to the parade? Don’t forget to dress warm, depending on the weather. Folding chairs and blankets are also allowed on the route. The event is rain or shine, so grab an umbrella and rain jacket if there are showers in the forecast.
- This year, Children’s mascots, Hope and Will, are making their balloon debut standing more than two stories tall!
Know before you go
Where does the Atlanta Christmas Parade start?
The parade will step-off at 10:20am at Peachtree Street at 16th Street; 1280 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309.
Where does the Atlanta Christmas Parade end?
The parade will end at Peachtree Street at 5th Street; 800 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309.
Where can I get more information on the Atlanta Christmas Parade?
For general information or inquiries about the Christmas Parade, contact Alex Faas at (404) 785-9402.
Is parking available for the Christmas Parade?
While MARTA is the recommended method for getting to the parade, if you are considering driving, the Colony Square parking deck on 14th, the Campanile parking deck on Juniper, the Proscenium parking deck on Crescent and the Promenade II parking deck on 15th will be open. Rates will apply.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.