Insider tips from the concierge society of Atlanta
- There’s nothing like live entertainment in our city. In Downtown, Midtown and the Virginia-Highland area, discover local music and entertainment venues. And you never know what celebrity you might catch out on the town.
- When shopping at Lenox Square or Phipps Plaza, consider taking advantage of the complimentary personal shopper service available at most of the larger anchor stores. Call ahead to schedule an appointment.
- Pack a picnic. Take in one of Atlanta’s favorite summer pastimes, a concert at Chastain Park Amphitheatre or Piedmont Park.
- Lunch like a Southerner. Ask your concierge for his or her favorite fried chicken spots.
- Take in a piece of history with a behind-the-scenes tour of the famed historic Fox Theatre; tours are offered Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- To see the incredible Atlanta skyline, visit these vantage points: Sun Dial atop the Westin Peachtree Plaza; the intersection of Freedom Parkway and Boulevard; Piedmont Park; Stone Mountain; Six Flags Hill on I-20; and Kennesaw Mountain.
- Touring the city on a budget? Take advantage of free entry to the MLK Historic Site, State Capitol and Monetary Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Here for a few days? Purchase a 3-day pass with MARTA, Atlanta’s rail and bus transit system. It is a 20-minute train ride from the airport to the downtown convention and entertainment district. MARTA also offers convenient transportation to attractions, restaurants and more in Midtown and Buckhead.
- Check out live music at Centennial Olympic Park in the downtown area. Every Wednesday from 5:30 pm until 8 pm. April – September.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.