Atlanta is a Hot Spot for Technology Meetings
Recognized as one of the fastest-growing cities for technology in the U.S., Atlanta has established itself as a global leader in the IT service industries and an elite tech hub of innovation ideal for planning tech conventions and events.
“Atlanta is uniquely poised to rewrite what tech should look like.”
– Nakia Melecio, iDesignproject, Start-up Catalyst in Atlanta (Source: CNBC)
The Curious & Inventive Spirit of a Top Tech Hub
Powered by the strength of more than 17,000 technology companies, Atlanta’s tech sector has turned the city into an epicenter of innovation. It’s where tech companies sustain a thriving business, academic institutions and tech centers shape a diverse talent pool, and waves of startups have made it a magnet for job opportunities — altogether, putting ATL on a different level for tech meetings.
ATL is the “Silicon Valley of the South” for Tech Meetings
- No. 1 Growing Metro Tech Hub 2 Years in a Row (Business Facilities, 2020-2021)
- Ranked among Top Tech Markets in North America with 13% job growth between 2020-2021 (CBRE’s Tech-30 Report, 2022)
- No. 5 City for Fintech Startup Ecosystem in the US (StartupBlink, 2022)
- No. 5 Metro Cyber City (Business Facilities, 2022)
- No. 1 Best City for Diversity in Tech Workforce (Beyond HQ, 2022)
- No. 7 City for Gamers & Developer Opportunities (WalletHub, 2021)
- No. 11 Market for Tech Talent (CBRE, 2022)
Thriving Key Tech Industry Sectors
One of the top IT jobs in Atlanta and with over 75 cybersecurity companies generating more than 2.6 billion annually, Georgia ranks in the top five states for cybersecurity.
Dubbed “Transaction Alley,” Atlanta’s status as a fintech center is undeniable, with one of Georgia’s most important and fastest-growing industries being financial technology.
With 165 digital media companies in Georgia, most of which are in metro Atlanta, the destination thrives as a digital media and entertainment powerhouse industry bolstered by the local landscape and unmatched talent pool.
Software development and engineering comprise one of Atlanta’s strongest industry sectors, with companies creating cutting-edge solutions that benefit the tech economy and career opportunities supported by the region’s growing need for IT professionals.
Trees Aren’t the Only Things Growing in ATL
More than a dozen companies started or based in Atlanta have grown over the past decade to valuations above $1 billion.
- 31 Company HQs are Among the 2022 Fortune 1000
- 17 Company HQs Ranked in the Elite Fortune 500
- 206 of Inc. 5000’s fastest-growing companies in 2022
- 22 Companies Featured on the Deloitte 2021 Technology Fast 500 list
Atlanta’s Technology Community
Organizations With a Tech State of Mind
Metro Atlanta and Georgia are home to over 40 tech business incubators, accelerators and innovation centers.
- Atlanta Tech Village: A thriving tech community of innovation and the 4th largest tech space in the U.S. with 300+ startups
- Atlanta Technology Development Center: HQ’d at “Tech Square” in Midtown ATL and recognized as a top nonprofit incubator that has produced 190+ tech companies
- Atlanta Tech Park: A curated tech accelerator ecosystem that provides collaborative workspace designed to promote growth
- Georgia Tech Global Learning Center: HQ’d at Georgia Tech’s “Tech Square” in Midtown ATL, and a purpose-built meeting facility designed, staffed, and equipped with the technology for professional, learning-focused events
- Technology Association of Georgia: A technology membership organization and an engine for the state’s economic development that aims to educate, promote, influence and unite Georgia’s tech community
- Center of Innovation for Information Technology: Key resource center for helping Georgia’s technology community find collaborative research opportunities and partners to connect, compete and grow globally
An Extensive EduTech System in ATL
Atlanta has developed a tech-savvy workforce with the help of local colleges and universities that provide access to some of the country’s best information technology and computer science programs.
- Emory University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia State University
- Gwinnett Technical College
- Kennesaw State University
- Morehouse College
- Spelman College
- University of Georgia
Major Tech Companies Call ATL Home
- AT&T Inc.
- Equifax Inc.
- General Electric Co.
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co.
- McKesson Corp
- VMware AirWatch
- And more!
Convenience & Connectivity to Everything ATL
- World’s busiest airport: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- 150+ U.S. destinations with direct non-stops to ATL
- 75+ nonstop flights internationally
- Nine miles from the airport to Downtown core & convention campus
- Efficient, reliable MARTA public transportation system • Nearly 107,000 hotel rooms in the metro region
Bring Your Next Technology Event in ATL
Our online tools make it easy to plan your ideal meeting or event. Let our Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau (ACVB) team help you get started today!