Enjoy movies under stars at Atlanta’s only classic drive-in theater
Nostalgia was never so much fun as an evening watching movies under the stars at Atlanta’s only drive-in theater, the Starlight. Open since 1949, the Starlight has both changed with the times–adding more screens and switching to digital projection–and held onto its yesteryear charm.
Reasons to visit the Starlight
- It’s a great date night. You can bring lawn chairs and sit outside the car.
- You can have a party at the Starlight. There is no extra charge for coming as a group (minimum 18 people or four cars). Groups may arrive early to assure they can park next to each other.
- It’s a fun night for the entire family. Adult tickets are $10 while kids ages 5-9 are only $1. The ticket allows you admission for two movies playing on the same screen.
- The Starlight is open seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- It’s OK to bring your own food so long as you won’t be cooking it on the premises.
- There’s a snack bar, which serves the usual drive-in treats plus Mexican food.
- Starlight accepts credit and debit cards, and the charge is only one buck for kids age 9 and younger.
- There are four screens, each showing double features every night.
- Bring lawn chairs and sit outside your car.
- If you drive a truck, park it backward and load the back with blankets and pillows for comfy movie watching.
Know before you go
When is the Starlight open?
All movies are at night when it’s dark outside. Show times vary with the seasons. Approximate gate opening times are:
Monday through Thursday: 45 min before showtime
Friday and Saturday: 1.5 hours before showtime
Sunday: 1 hour before showtime
Where is the Starlight located?
The Starlight Drive-in is located at:
2000 Moreland Ave. SE
Atlanta, Ga. 30316
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.