Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
Position: Manager, Content
Department: Marketing (11)
Exemption Status: Exempt
Position Reports to: Vice President, Brand
The content manager is responsible for developing the content strategy and executing initiatives to help tell the story of Atlanta – producing and publishing content for ACVB channels and publications, with a special focus on group markets and attendance-building. The position also produces content across platforms to enhance destination appeal and drive engagement, primarily for meeting planners, attendees and leisure visitors.
The content manager is a brand advocate and must understand the brand identity overall. They are responsible for collaborating with membership, PR, convention services and sales teams to build brand awareness and renewed interest in order keep Atlanta visible as a top meetings, conventions and leisure destination and assist with attendance-building. To do this, the content manager is responsible for crafting relevant, compelling and creative stories as well as proactively analyzing relevant datasets to maximize effectiveness, increase traffic, and optimize engagement related to the website, email newsletters and integrated marketing opportunities.
(include, but are not limited to)
- Research, pitch, write, edit, proofread and publish content across ACVB channels including Discover Atlanta publications to ensure brand consistency, messaging, voice, style and accuracy, with a special focus on consumers, including leisure and groups (i.e. annual groups) following the guidance of the vice president, brand and the director, group markets
- Manage the workflow of the content calendar, scheduling all aspects of the creation
- Lead cross-platform content planning and creation, partnering with other content managers. Repurpose content to fit the publishing media – website, email, video, presentations, ACVB publications and social media as needed. Identify appropriate distribution across relevant ACVB communications channels and lead the omnichannel experience delivery of content through ACVB channels
- Review content and email communications to adhere to editorial standards and best practices with great attention to annual groups and marketing services for retention and attendance-building. Research, produce and source content and assets for these channels
- Partner with sales and convention services to monitor and optimize online presence for annual groups, create/edit ACVB generated content, provide updates and make recommendations for sites, collateral and publications. Work closely with the agencies and director of group markets to provide meetings specific content support for annual groups — ensure consistent, cohesive and appropriate messaging and visuals.
- Work closely with agency and director of digital strategy and innovation on ongoing search engine optimization and the performance and distribution of content
- Manage regular content audits for DiscoverAtlanta.com articles and customer minisites. Optimize and update content based on reporting and analytics
- Provide email marketing, editorial and creative support to other ACVB departments to maximize efficiency and ensure content meets brand and editorial standards
- Stay abreast of current best practices and review websites and emails to compare their activities with Discover Atlanta content (not limited to industry and competitors)
Email Marketing Management & Social Media Support
- Oversee email marketing strategy and content plan. Work closely with marketing leaders, agencies and contractors to update and monitor its effectiveness regularly.
- Manage the distribution timeline and creation of content for consumer newsletters, including leisure, group and member-related communications
- Champion email marketing and support social media efforts to consistently create and curate timely, compelling and engaging content. Create/curate original content for email and manage integration of content for an omnichannel experience
- Manage email marketing to increase engagement and provide value to meeting planners, attendees and visitors through content development, scheduling and optimization. Work closely with the agency, director of group markets and other content managers to provide meetings specific email marketing. Provide social media support for other content managers as needed.
- Develop email templates and content with graphic designer, agencies and/or contractors that onboard, inform, engage, and retain potential/current customers (i.e. members, meeting planners, visitors)
- Determine email marketing KPIs and analyze data to get regular insights on performance, areas of optimization and methods for improvements
- Develop documentation and road maps for best practices, processes, A/B tests, segmenting, engagement and communications that meet KPIs throughout the customer journey
- Manage the daily activities of a content team composed of writers, graphic designers, videographers, and other industry professionals guiding the creation of content for ACVB and ACVB’s Discover Atlanta marketing channels
Other Related ACVB Activities
- Maintain a positive working relationship with hospitality industry partners
- Maintain current knowledge of member hotels, venues, restaurants and attractions
- Stay up-to-date with hospitality industry trends
- Attend ACVB, member and hospitality related events as directed
- Maintain active participation with relevant professional organizations
- Collaborate on department projects and related ACVB programs as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications or related field (required)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in recent writing and copyediting experience and production for high traffic websites. Published writer or editor a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel and omnichannel content creation (email marketing, publishing, journalism or equivalent agency experience in a similar role)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience or in-depth knowledge with social media engagement strategies and best practices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication (oral and written)
- Strong presentation skills (ability to engage audiences)
- Experience with popular content management systems (i.e. WordPress) and email marketing platforms, with fluency in digital analytics
- Basis knowledge of HTML and Basic Adobe skills
- Solid project management skills, including the ability to manage editorial schedules and deadlines
- Experience creating content for several different audiences
- Experience with social media engagement strategies and best practices
- Ability to conceive fresh and appealing ideas for new content that establishes or supports the ACVB’s brand identity
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of content creators to achieve an organization’s stated goals
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the City of Atlanta with an emphasis on the Downtown, Midtown and Buckhead areas
(areas reviewed in annual performance evaluation)
- Problem solving
- Customer Service
- Monday – Friday (minimal early morning, late evening and weekend work)
- Standard, temperature-controlled office environment with moderate, office noise level
- During offsite meetings work environment changes depending on location: hotel, restaurant, convention facilities, airplane, and related travel and event venues
Physical requirements – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Where applicable, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Light lifting of 5 to 10 lbs
- Position requires minimal amount of movement during offsite meetings
- Position requires minimal amount of commuting during offsite meetings
- Less than 10%
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age or disability.
Applicants: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.