Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
Position: Senior Staff Accountant
Exemption Status: Exempt
Position Reports to: Controller, Assistant Controller
The senior staff accountant will be responsible for higher level bookkeeping and financial duties,
which will include budgets, collections, accounts receivable, account reconciliations, closing
procedures, audits (internal and external).
(include, but are not limited to)
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports
- Update and maintain the budget in the budget and planning solution
- Track and review monthly, quarterly, half-year, and annual operating budgets and forecast
- Work with other departments in obtaining and reporting budget data
- Process expense allocations, monthly accruals, and fixed assets depreciation
- Recording of journal entries and adjustments
- Maintain accounts receivable documentation to include collection status and tracking. This will
- include working with other departments to collect balances on unpaid invoices.
- Provide technical support to ERP users to include trouble shooting and resolving software
- issues. Develop, coordinate, and test system modifications.
- Prepare finance reports as requested by management. This will include collecting and
- analyzing data to provide a summary of account information and trends.
- Respond to general accounting information requests
- Review general ledger transactions
- Assist with audits (internal and external)
Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of accounting automation processes and ERP solutions
- Ability to quickly learn complex accounting AI/robotic processes
- High level of proficiency with using various accounting software programs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive)
- Professional integrity working with confidential and sensitive information
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an accounting, bookkeeping, or auditing role
- Experience of accounting automation processes and understanding of ERP solutions
- Experience troubleshooting common accounting program problems and finding solutions
(areas reviewed in annual performance evaluation)
- Communication skills
- Problem solving
- Customer service
- Job knowledge (accounting/finance)
- Monday – Friday (minimal early mornings, late evenings, and weekend work)
- Standard, temperature-controlled office environment with moderate office noise level
Physical requirements: Light lifting of 5 – 10 lbs. The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Where applicable, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Full COVID-19 vaccination required
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age or disability.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.