Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
Position: Specialist, Technology
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Position Reports to: Vice President, Technology & Facilities
This entry-level, junior technology specialist is responsible for first level support for all ACVB internal end-users and stakeholders. This includes serving as a resource for technical questions around equipment, software, and office space, provide technical guidance for meeting and rsvp support, monitoring resources for effective performance, performing software installations and updates to include virus protection, maintain tracking records on inventory and warranties to ensure timely extensions, handling user access needs, maintaining device connectivity to network.
Responsibilities (including, but are not limited to the following)
- Provides assistance to the Technology department ensuring a high level of customer service is provided to all internal (60+ employees) and external customers related to diagnoses & maintenance of IT-related matters
- Monitors help desk ticketing system and any other additional IT monitoring tools
- Assists with troubleshooting problems involving laptops, desktops, audio-visual, and network devices
- Provides technical support for conference rooms and events
- Provides desktop and server support; configures new laptops and desktops
- Supports and maintains end user machines, MS Server/Desktops and Office 365 Environment e.g. Exchange, OneDrive
- Monitors and installs authorized software to laptops and desktops
- Ensures security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date
- Supports Microsoft 365 Environment e.g. Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams
- Maintains IT Standard Operating Procedures and Job aids for consistency and accuracy
- Reports problems and maintains logs on servers, desktops and laptops
- Records and maintains all purchased software versions and licensing
- Prepares documents, meeting materials, and correspondences
- Performs basic administrative support duties as required to meet specific operational objectives
This position has no direct reports.
Knowledge & Skills
- Basic knowledge and technology-based skillset to include Microsoft Office software programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, etc.)
- Knowledge of Windows Environment to include desktop updates and patching
- Basic knowledge of hardware connectivity
- Basic understanding of troubleshooting client and network computer issues
Core Competencies (areas reviewed in annual performance evaluation)
- Job knowledge & accuracy
- Detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to take initiative
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to remain resourceful with problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service and business etiquette skills
Education & Work Experience
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred (computer science or technology disciplines preferred)
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in information technology support required
- Experience supporting multiple (3+) users or external customers required
- Work Hours: Monday – Friday (minimal early mornings, late evenings and weekend work)
- Work Environment: Standard, temperature-controlled office environment with moderate office noise level
- Work Location: This is a full-time on-site position located in the Atlanta office four days a week, and one remote working day a week
- Physical Requirements: Note: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Where applicable, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Moderate lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Position requires significant amount of movement during office hours to include moving between office/remote locations, event locations, server room, meeting rooms and other employees’ workspaces etc.
- Travel: 0-5%
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, familial status, national origin, age or disability.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.