Splendid Ideas for Girls’ Night Out in Atlanta
It’s easy to put together a girls’ night out with your friends. After all, the TV show “Sex & the City” taught us that the basic ingredients for a successful girls’ night out are cosmopolitan cocktails, stilettos and somewhere fabulous to see and be seen.
But with a bit more planning, your next girls’ adventure can be stylish, versatile and provide ample opportunity for bonding between you and your best gals. If you want to take it up a notch, consider some of these ideas.
You work hard. Factor in some pampering to reset you from a hectic work week and put you in the frame of mind for quality time with friends. Try:
- Jeju Spa & Sauna: You’ve probably heard of this local favorite a traditional Korean public bathhouse furnished with hot tubs, showers and kiln saunas. Located about 25 minutes northeast of Midtown, Jeju is open 24 hours a day, meaning you can partake in the body scrubs, massages, steams, acupuncture and more at any time of the day.
- Exhale Spa Midtown: Curious what acu-healing is but want to find it closer in town? Find out as you find your zen with Exhale’s carefully curated menu of full body care, complete with facials, massages, and more.
- Icebox Cryotherapy: Ice chambers aren’t just a concept of science fiction anymore. Cryotherapy has been utilized in different ways since the 1970s to aid in athletic performance, inflammation reduction, anti-aging, skin renewal and more. This frosty spa treatment kick starts your system by lowering your skin surface temperature to 30 degrees Fahrenheit for a short duration. Definitely not your grandma’s massage.
Now that your bodies are feeling rejuvenated, it’s time to clean up like a shiny new penny. (But with loads more value than a penny.)
- The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta: Dive headfirst into a veritable buffet of skin treatments and polishes and buffs and scrubs, plus waxing, manicures and pedicures, and other services. The best part: You don’t have to be a guest at the hotel to enjoy the spa services.
- Drybar: Get a quick and expert blowout, plus a makeup application that will send you out the door looking like a million bucks.
- The Glamatory: Consider this place Willy Wonka’s for the makeup lovers in your group. Anything you need – whether lashes, liners, lip pigments, lessons or lots more – this beauty boutique has you covered. You may leave exclaiming, ”Well, I’ll be glammed!”
With all this beautifying, you’re sure to have worked up an appetite. Nosh at these group-friendly locations:
- Mary Mac’s Tea Room: This Southern classic is bursting with charm and exceptional food.
- Krog Street Market: With more than a dozen food options all within walking distance, the only struggle will be deciding where to go.
- A culinary tour: Nibble your way through an Atlanta neighborhood on a food tour like Atlanta Food Walks or Downtown Decatur Food Tours.
If you’re keen to visit one of Atlanta’s talented mixologists, you aren’t short of options. Drink responsibly, have a designated driver or Uber and check out one of these favorites.
- 10 Degrees South: Delight in the well-stocked bar and cocktail menu of this Midtown favorite.
- Barcelona Wine Bar: Take in the chic neighborhood ambiance as you toast your friendship at this bustling Inman Park location.
- Little Trouble: Visit this Westside hot spot for the sake, craft cocktails, Instagram-worthy neon sign out front. (Your squad can do Charlie’s Angels better than the Charlie’s Angels did.)
Did you get a second wind from the sips mentioned above? If so, your crew may like some of these options for play:
- Ormsbys: Tucked away on the Westside, Ormsby’s brings back classic entertainment with darts, shuffleboard and billiards minus the seedy atmosphere, plus board games, bocce ball and an all-around fun vibe.
- Sips N Strokes: Register in advance for an art class that’ll leave you with a masterpiece that you’ll want to hang on your wall, because you painted it. Best part: It’s BYOB.
- The Roof at Ponce City Market: After shopping, grab dinner in food hall, then head up to the roof for games and drinks. You can make a day (or night) of it.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.