This retail area is so big, it has its own zip code
Looking for a convenient way to spend a day? Visit Atlantic Station for shopping, dining, entertainment and relaxation. From free outdoor activities to shopping national brands and local boutiques, Atlantic Station delivers for visitors of all ages.
Atlantic Station is a unique, walkable neighborhood in Midtown Atlanta located just off of 17th Street and the downtown connecter. Transforming the land from its origins as the Atlantic Steel Mill, Atlantic Station was designed to be an outdoor mall, combining shopping, dining, and entertainment in a smart live and work design.
You don’t have to be a resident of Atlantic Station to enjoy it. In fact, most of the people enjoying the area daily (and especially on the weekend) live in other areas of town or even in other states. Atlantic Station is a popular place for Atlantans to bring tourists and out-of-towners. Who wouldn’t want to browse pop-up craft markets, enjoy free concerts in the park, catch the latest blockbuster movie at the Regal 18 movie theater or ice skate in the winter? Atlantic Station strives to keep you entertained year round.
Who wouldn’t want to browse pop-up craft markets, enjoy free concerts in the park, catch the latest blockbuster movie or ice skate in the winter?
You never know what they’ve got cooking at Atlantic Station. If you’re driving down I-85 and happen to notice a huge circus tent in Atlantic Station, you can be sure that big talent like Cirque Du Soleil is in town. Cutting-edge exhibits include the Bodies Exhibit, which features actual human bodies, as well as sporting events like the Truist Atlanta Open.
Logistically, Atlantic Station gets a thumbs up for having ample parking with two complimentary hours (if you see a movie at the Regal, you receive an additional two hours of parking.) Additionally, public transportation is extremely convenient, with free shuttle rides to and from the nearby Art Center MARTA Station.
Want to go?
- Location: Atlantic Station is just under a mile from Peachtree Street in Midtown Atlanta.
- Getting there: Take the red or gold MARTA line to the Arts Center station and follow signs pointing to buses, where you will find free Atlantic Station shuttles which run every 5-10 minutes.
Did you know…
- Atlantic Station is open to the public but is actually privately owned. There are interesting rules in that area, for instance, sagging pants are not allowed.
- Atlantic Station has its own ZIP code: 30363.
- Atlantic Station was designed with energy efficiency in mind, and many of the buildings are LEED certified.
- There’s now an electric car charging station.
- IKEA. Need we say more?
- Got errands to run? Atlantic Station to the rescue. Everything is in one spot: gym (LA Fitness), grocery (Publix), stuff (Target), laundry (dry cleaners) and more.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.