Medical Meetings On a Different Level
ATL is a Medical Hub
As the nation’s health IT capital and a hub for the bioscience industry, Atlanta is an ever-evolving epicenter As the nation’s health IT capital and a hub for the bioscience industry, Atlanta is an ever-evolving epicenter for the world of life sciences, consumer digital health and technology innovation—making it an ideal destination for planning medical meetings.
A Life Sciences’ Power Hub
As one of the nation’s fastest-growing cities for technology, all the vital parts of a life science power hub can be found in Atlanta.
- An educated, diverse workforce
- A sophisticated collection of top-ranked universities
- Headquarters for renowned national and global biomedical health organizations like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and more
Plan an Award-Winning Destination for Medical Meetings
- A top city for life sciences research and development in 2021
- No. 3 in research facility space among all U.S. bioscience clusters
- Top 20 metros in the nation for employment in research, testing & medical laboratories
- Third most favorable market for life sciences talent (CBRE, 2022)
- No. 8 in the emerging cluster for life sciences in 2021
- Ranked 12th-best U.S. metros for life science companies (CommercialCafe, 2022)
A Leader of Invention & Innovation
Recognized as the center for global health, the bioscience industry is in ATL and Georgia has more than 200,000 jobs and an annual economic impact of $21.8 billion.
Healthcare Information Technology (HIT)
ATL has 17,000 technology companies employing 206,000 high-tech professionals and a robust telecommunications infrastructure, healthcare system, skilled workforce and pro-business environment.
Access to All Things Medical in ATL
The interconnectivity of our life science industry gives medical groups access to leading health IT companies, renowned research labs and universities, distinguished medical centers, and an unrivaled talent pool.
Atlanta provides a culture strengthened by the availability of skilled employees and the flexibility industries need to find talent, plus, great speakers who can offer expertise and resources to attendees.
Meet Atlanta’s Medical Community
Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Emory Healthcare
- Piedmont Healthcare
- Grady Memorial Hospital
- Northside Hospital System
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA)
- Shepherd Center
- Cancer Treatment Centers America Atlanta
- Winship Cancer Institute (Emory University)
A Highly Educated, Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
Metro Atlanta has many top academic institutions, including several Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)—all with impressive life science credentials and accomplishments.
- Emory University
- Emory Winship Cancer Institute
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech)
- Georgia State University
- Mercer University
- Morehouse College
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- Spelman College
- University of Georgia
Support Leads to Success
Vigorous support for the life sciences from key Atlanta-based organizations has and continues to drive the industry to excellence.
- Georgia Bio
- Technology Association of Georgia (TAG)
- Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC)
Home to Health HQs
Many headquarters for renowned national and global biomedical health organizations call Atlanta home.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- American Cancer Society
- CARE (Cooperation for Assistance and Relief Everywhere)
- The Carter Center
- Task Force for Global Health
- Center for Global Health Institute
Convenience & Connectivity to Everything ATL
- World’s busiest airport: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- 150+ U.S. destinations with direct non-stops to ATL
- Ten miles from the airport to Downtown core & convention campus
- Efficient, reliable MARTA public transportation system
- Nearly 107,000 hotel rooms in the metro region