Atlanta Motor Speedway
Experience full throttle action
Atlanta Motor Speedway is Atlanta’s home for NASCAR. Whether it’s the main event at the Sprint Cup race or the NASCAR Nationwide Series, Atlanta Motor Speedway is a one-stop-shop for your auto racing thrills. Located just south of Atlanta, the race track has events throughout the year.
Reasons to go to Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Atlanta Motor Speedway is the only place in Georgia you can find NASCAR racing.
- …and not just racing, but concerts, festivities and events that make Labor Day racing a can’t-miss weekend for all speed demons.
- Check out Friday Night Drags from May through September.
- Want to see shiny chrome and show cars? There’s the Show N Shine car show, which includes a parade around the track and an awards ceremony.
- Kickoff the holiday season at Atlanta Motor Speedway as it turns into one of the area’s biggest drive-through Christmas light parks.
- At Atlanta Motor Speedway, make a point to visit the Fan Zone for free giveaways and nonstop fun on race day.
- Labor Day weekend is a huge party at Atlanta Motor Speedway, complete with fireworks following Sunday’s race.
- If you want to know what goes on behind the scenes, rent a radio scanner and listen to the communications between driver and pit crew. Scanners are available at the souvenir tents at gate 1 and gates 12-15.
Know before you go
Where is Atlanta Motor Speedway located?
Atlanta Motor Speedway is located at:
1500 Tara Place
Hampton, Ga. 30228
Are track tours available?
Yes. Track tours are available Monday through Friday at 10 and 11 a.m. and 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m.
Official track tours include a brief track history, a visit to Petty Garden, a tour of an Atlanta Motor Speedway suite, a sneak peek at the garages and Victory Lane, and three laps in the Speedway van around the same 1.54-mile track where stars like Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch race.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.