10 Live Music Restaurants in Atlanta
Many restaurants put a lot of thought into the music that plays when you dine, and rightfully so. It becomes the soundtrack of your experience there. Whether the tunes are ambient or Top 40 favorites, the tune becomes part of the meal: It can make you feel lighthearted, nostalgic and even introduce you to new genres of music.
Music is even better, though, when it’s live. Live music brings a particular burst of energy to the evening, elevating it just from a meal to an event. So check the list below to find some of the best live music restaurants in Atlanta and prepare for a tasty, toe-tapping good time.
- STK Atlanta: The trendy, upscale vibe is strong at this modern steak house, and the music matches, note for nibble. Whether the tunes are live or a DJ is spinning, this place has a very cool scene.
- Sweet Georgia’s Juke Joint: Grab a table early (or book a reservation online) before the busy crowds settle in. With fan-favorites like shrimp and grits, chicken and waffles, and famous fried chicken, chances are excellent that you’ll leave with a happy belly. Note that there is a $5 per person entertainment fee in the dining room.
- JCT Kitchen & Bar: This upscale, farm-to-table Southern food restaurant excels in delicious bites, live music on Fridays and a spectacular view of the Atlanta skyline from the rooftop.
- Venkman’s: Brought to you by guys who’ve taken Atlanta by storm in the last few years with their band, Yacht Rock Revue, Venkman’s features a variety of eclectic ticketed and free shows, with performers ranging from local upstarts to national stars.
Where: Eastside, Old Fourth Ward
- Fat Matt’s BBQ: This bustling BBQ joint has served finger-licking good food since 1990, and Atlantans know what’s up: Get there early or prepare for crowds. The live blues music that plays nightly is the cherry on top.
- Kat’s Cafe: Kat’s tagline, “united for music,” strongly indicates that this sexy, sophisticated lounge is serious about its tunes. It’s kind of tucked away, but once you find it you’ll definitely get your fill of craft cocktails, a mingling crowd and fantastic live music.
- Cafe Circa: Not only are the beats plentiful, this place has a great rooftop from which to enjoy the downtown skyline while enjoying Caribbean cuisine.
Where: Downtown, Sweet Auburn
- Barcelona Wine Bar: Known for fantastic Spanish tapas, gorgeous decor and a wrap-around patio, the restaurant’s warm ambiance mirrors the chic and urban style of the neighborhood.
Where: Eastside, Inman Park
- Cook Hall: Between the craft cocktails, live music on the third Friday of every month and the rave-worthy duck tacos, Cook Hall at the W Hotel Buckhead has everything you need for a tune-filled night out.
- Apres Diem: If you like patio seating and people watching, this place is great for both. Tucked into the Midtown Arts Center (next to the Landmark Cinema) and not far from the Eastside Trail of the Atlanta BeltLine, Apres Diem has the food, music and sights that you want in a central location.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.