9 Signature Cocktails Perfect For Mother’s Day in Atlanta
Mother’s Day brunch is as American as apple pie (which is usually on the buffet dessert table). But let’s not forget that some (most) of the mothers we know enjoy a cocktail, too. So if you’re looking for a way to celebrate your mother, grandmother or any special woman, how about a signature cocktail? Here’s where to get a special one on Mother’s Day.
- The Mandarin Oriental Atlanta kicks it up a notch with the Flor de Mãe (Mother’s Flower) that combines Mandarin Blossom Vodka, St. Germain, mint, prosecco – and is finished with an edible flower garnish. Of course, the Buckhead hotel offers a delightful Mother’s Day brunch with seatings at 11 a.m., 12:30 or 2:30 p.m. The brunch features a buffet of appetizers, entrées and tempting desserts.
- Raise a glass to mom at Ecco. Treat her to an array of European-inspired brunch specials while she sips on the fittingly named Long Live the Queen, composed of Bombay sapphire gin, elderflower syrup, lemon, peach bitters and mint. Brunch is served from 10:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., followed by dinner service from 5 to 9 p.m.
- For a boozy Mother’s Day brunch treat, take mom to South City Kitchen Vinings, the sister restaurant to the Midtown eatery. Toast to her with the location’s floral Gin Daisy, composed of Old Fourth Ward gin, house-made pomegranate grenadine and lime; and the St. Germain Cocktail with blueberry compote, elderflower liqueur, club soda and cava. Brunch is available from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., with dinner available from 5 to 10 p.m.
- Transport mom to the beach – even if just for the day. Head to Midtown to give her the gift of seafood-centric entrées at Lure. Take her back in time to celebrate her children with the bottled Blue-Eyed Boy, composed of Bombay Sapphire gin, mint, elderflower and peach bitters. Lure is open for Mother’s Day brunch from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., followed by dinner service from 5:30 to 10 p.m.
- Treat your mom to the deliciousness of The Iberian Pig this Mother’s Day. Hit the Decatur hot spot for a special Spanish tapas brunch menu to celebrate mom. Pair these delicious dishes with the perfect cocktails including the “Manicured Martini” with Giffard Pamplemousse, lemon, vodka, St. Germain and egg whites or the “Kentucky Bubble Bath” made with Larceny bourbon, lavender tea, Cynar, agave and lemon. The Iberian Pig’s hours for Mother’s Day are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Moms are the best, and Sugo is celebrating with a special menu and delicious cocktails. Your mom doesn’t have to be from Buckhead (but it doesn’t hurt) to stop by and enjoy a Buckhead Betty with Absolute Elyx Vodka, apricot liquor, grapefruit, prosecco and cheers to mom.
- Skip the brunch crowds and celebrate mom with a special sushi happy hour at O-Ku this Mother’s Day. Make a reservation to enjoy half-priced sushi rolls from 5 to 7 p.m., complemented by selections from the spring cocktail menu, like the Sugar and Spice with habanero-infused Svedka, passion fruit and lemon, or the Lychee Caipirinha with cachaça, lychee and lime. While you’re there, don’t forget to take mom up to O-Ku’s famous rooftop for a skyline photo sure to help her rake in the Facebook likes all week long.
- It’s no secret that moms love margaritas, and Mother’s Day is no exception. Alma Cocina offers a variety of margaritas such as the El Clásico, complete with 100-percent blue agave tequila and fresh citrus juices. But on her special day, you might just want to treat mom with this one and remind her she’ll always be your Main Squeeze, featuring El Jimador blanco tequila, fresh citrus and grapefruit cane sugar soda. Alma Cocina is open for dinner on Mother’s Day from 5 to 10 p.m.
- The newly reopened Watershed gives a nod to the environmentally conscious mothers on their special day with its Midtown Prius with St. Royale green tea vodka, basil, lime and cucumber.
And if you’re catching up after Mother’s Day, don’t forget that Atlanta has more than enough brunch restaurants with bottomless mimosas.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.