Sing Your Heart Out at Karaoke Spots in Atlanta
Published December 25, 2016
Last Updated September 16, 2020
Atlanta has a lot of great live music, but sometimes you want to be the star. There are many karaoke bars on Buford Highway, just outside of Atlanta, but here are some of our favorite Atlanta spots that offer karaoke nights and a chance for you to step into the spotlight and shine.
- Metro Cafe Diner. Karaoke with a live DJ every night until the wee hours? Yes, please. Fuel up on burgers and steaks, pastries and cakes… and then put your singing skills to the test.
- 10 High. Located in the basement of Dark Horse Tavern in Virginia-Highland, 10 High has no cover charge and great karaoke. Get there early because you will find lots of people ready to take their turn. While you’re waiting, go upstairs to the Dark Horse Tavern and enjoy great company and a beer.
- Moondogs. One of Buckhead’s best dives, Moondogs is known for attracting a younger crowd. And why not? Moondogs has pool, darts, beer pong and karaoke.
- Sister Louisa’s Church of the Living Room and Ping Pong Emporium. It’s a bar; it’s a restaurant; it’s a haven for ping-pong aficionados. But on Wednesday night, Sister Louisa’s (or The Church, as locals call it) gears up for church organ karaoke. Yes. It’s a real church organ played by real church organists. Karaoke singers take the mike in a pulpit. Needless to say, The Church is a special place to go for karaoke.
- Cameli’s. Usually one doesn’t think pizza and karaoke, but Cameli’s in Poncey-Highland has great pizza, and Thursday is karaoke night until 2:30 a.m.
- Felix’s. Felix’s is a noted gay bar that hosts terrific karaoke nights. Located on Piedmont Avenue near Morningside, Felix’s welcomes all and provides a great evening.
- Midtown Tavern. If it is Wednesday, it’s karaoke night at the Midtown Tavern on Piedmont Avenue. But that’s not all. Midtown Tavern also offers karaoke on Friday and Saturday. In between sets, enjoy billiards, darts and great bar food.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.