Spoil Mom with these 11 Things to Do for Mother’s Day in Atlanta
Mother’s Day is May 12, and it’s not too early to start planning. Looking for a decadent way to spoil Mom this year? We’ve picked out the creme de la creme of ideas for treating Mom to a Mother’s Day events in Atlanta she will never forget.
Treat her to an outrageous Mother’s Day brunch.
- St. Regis Exquisite Brunch-The St. Regis is known for its elegant and exquisite Mother’s Day brunch. Held in Astor Court overlooking the magnificent lobby and crystal chandelier, the brunch features “impeccable service, elegant ambiance and an abundance of delectable cuisine.” Two seatings include carving stations, seafood display and extravagant dessert selection. Live music fills the wine room. $149 adults; $75 children 8 to 12; $59 children 4 to 7; free for children up to age 3.
- Lanier Islands Brunch-Really treat Mom to a “destination” brunch at Lanier Island’s delectable brunch in the Legacy Lodge’s Grand Ballroom. The executive chef and his team have mouthwatering treats planned for the buffet including egg station, salad station, hand-carved meats, exquisite desserts, special kids items and so much more. $64.95 adults; $49.95 seniors; $24.95 children 6 to 12; free for children 5 and younger. Brunch pricing does not include tax and gratuity.
- The Ritz Carlton, Atlanta Brunch-Celebrate with “carving stations, raw bar, caviar on ice as well as colorful and creative desserts from pastry chef Katrina Pagan. Children can create a flower bouquet at the flower cart. Reservations required. $98 adults; $45 children, ages 3 through 12.
- The Whitley Atlanta Buckhead Brunch-Honor the special lady in your life with a celebratory brunch at The Whitley. 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. $95 adults; $50 children. Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.
- Here is a list of Atlanta’s favorite brunch restaurants with bottomless mimosas. Cheers.
Spoil her with a luxurious spa treatment.
- Four Seasons Hotel-Designed for peace, tranquility and privacy, the Spa at Four Seasons features 10 treatment rooms, all soundproof for a secluded retreat. The palette throughout the space mirrors nature’s calming influence allowing full relaxation and rejuvenation from the broad array of services ranging from facials to days of pampering.
- Treat Mom to one of these 8 best spas for facials in Atlanta.
Give her the perfect gift.
- Find legendary shopping at Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza. These malls feature some of the top retailers in the world, making them the ideal spot to find the perfect gift for Mom. How about a beautiful pair of earrings from Tiffany & Co., a Burberry scarf or a Coach bag?
- Treat Mom to a day of shopping at Atlanta’s ultimate luxury shopping spot, The Shops Buckhead Atlanta. Home to the best of the best in brands and exquisite dining, a day here will be truly memorable for a mama with style and class.
Treat her to a weekend getaway.
- Maybe Mom needs to get away from it all for a few days. Treat her to a relaxing getaway at Barnsley Resort. For each night Mom stays with the special Mother’s Day package, she’ll receive a $50 activity credit to be used toward an array of activities ranging from horseback riding or canoeing to golf or a bicycle ride around the gorgeous grounds. It can also be used toward the spa. Mom can also enjoy topnotch dining in one of Barnsley’s restaurants. Treat her to a weekend sure to help relax and rejuvenate.
- Have more of a family staycation or weekend getaway in mind? Hit the road with the 10 best day trips for Atlanta families.
Looking for even more ideas and events, check out our Mother’s Day page.
Originally published in 2017 for Atlanta.net.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.