Where to Dine Out on Christmas Day
If you’ve got a big crowd to feed or if Christmas is an intimate gathering, take a load off and let someone else prepare the holiday feast. With our list, you won’t have to set a table, polish the silverware or even wash one dish. Here are 10 Atlanta restaurants open on Christmas Day.
- Atkins Park – The Virginia Highland location is serving a Christmas feast that includes a Big Green Egg-smoked turkey breast, all of your favorite Christmas sides and, of course, dessert. Price is $30 for adults, $18 for young adults and $10 for kids younger than 10. Doors open at 6 p.m.
- Basil’s Atlanta will be serving up favorite dishes on Christmas Day. Make sure to make reservations.
- Cafe at Mandarin Oriental – Take your pick of brunch or dinner. On Christmas Day, choose from a fireside champagne brunch (11 a.m. – 3 p.m.) or four-course prix fixe dinner with special wine pairings (5 p.m. – 9 p.m.).
- Fogo de Chao – If you love all the meats, then head to Fogo de Chao for a nonstop meat feast.
- Madras Mantra – Got vegetarians to feed? Then do your Christmas a bit differently with a delicious vegetarian Indian buffet.
- Melting Pot – Dipping choice morsels into hot melted cheese? What doesn’t sound good about that? The Melting Pot is open from 4 to 9 p.m. Christmas Day.
- Oceanaire – Love seafood? Then visit the Oceanaire on Christmas. It will be open from 11 to 8 p.m. Reservations are recommended.
- ROOM – In Atlantic Station, head to ROOM for a filling midday meal. Selections include prime rib, pomegranate glazed ham, Southern mac and cheese, dark chocolate ganache tarts and more Cost is $45 for adults; $19.50 for children ages 5 to 12. The restaurant will be serving this Christmas meal from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Southern Art – A Christmas Day brunch buffet awaits at this beautiful restaurant. Belgian waffles, a holiday carving station and ham bar plus charcuterie and cheese selections star. Kids will love the the build-your-own hot cocoa station. Christmas brunch is $89 per adult, $45 for children 5 to 10 years of age and children younger than 5 are complimentary.
- Sway – This restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta will serve a hearty Southern menu The menu features deviled eggs (with choice of crab, bacon, jalapeno or assorted toppings), a baby iceberg wedge salad with local blue cheese crumble, a herb-crusted prime rib and the restaurant’s signature pie bar for dessert for $48. New this year: Sway’s Christmas Day menu will be available via Amazon Restaurants. The same menu, prices and offerings will be available through the delivery service (Christmas Day only). Avoid the crowds and enjoy a delicious, warm meal delivered right to your door.
Malika Bowling is the author of Culinary Atlanta: Guide to the Best Restaurants, Markets, Breweries and More!, and founder of Roamilicious. Malika also has served as a judge at various culinary competitions and food festivals, including Taste of Atlanta. Her podcast, Just a Byte, can be downloaded from iTunes. Follow her on Twitter @MalikaBowling and Instagram.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.