Here are the Best Places to Stay on Christmas Day in Atlanta
Christmas is a time of presents around the tree, cookies baking in the oven and peace on earth.
Well, maybe not so fast. With all the shopping, gift wrapping, cooking and family descending on you, peace may not be the best word. How about chaos? Yes, sometimes it’s your turn to visit family, and staying in the hotel will make the visit more peaceful and pleasant.
Also, Christmas is the perfect time for a staycation where you can enjoy Atlanta’s holiday spirit while you let one of our amazing hotels do the cooking and cleaning while you enjoy the amenities, indulge in the Christmas dinner, order room service and binge watch rom coms. And, if you eat too much, there’s always the fitness center.
Here are several hotels that will make your Christmas merrier, whether you’re visiting or are an Atlanta local in need of a staycation location:
- Check out the Artmore Hotel in Midtown. The 102-key suites hotel, which consists of standard guest rooms, suites and two-story lofts has been recently renovated with LCD TVs, iPod docking stations and new bedding. The Artmore is a charming small hotel that is convenient to all of Atlanta’s holiday offerings via MARTA. Want to look for Santa? Go into the outdoor fire pit, sip an appropriate drink and gaze upward.
- The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta certainly has the holiday spirit. Not only is the hotel impeccably decorated, it offers a Christmas Eve dinner in AG, its restaurant, that is accompanied by selected wine pairings from sommelier Brian Whitel. Don’t forget the lavish dessert display. Then there’s a Christmas Day brunch in the ballroom, complete with interactive stations and culinary presentations. It’s $98 for adults and $45 per child, ages 3 to 12. Then to continue the culinary festivities there is a breakfast buffet and a special four-course dinner with a lavish dessert display in The Kitchen. For families spending the night, St. Nicholas makes a guest appearance at their door, goes over the kiddos’ wish lists and tucks them in before bedtime. It’s $55 per child and $20 per each additional child.
- The St. Regis Atlanta goes all out with the holiday spirit, complete with an ice rink. Located in the heart of Buckhead, guests can enjoy the Astor Holiday Rink as well as Holiday Tea with Santa.
- The Inn at Serenbe is the perfect place to celebrate the holidays. Both the Farmhouse and the Hill restaurant will make the holiday special. The Farmhouse will offer breakfast on Christmas and a special Christmas Eve feast menu. For a prix fixe of $85 per person, guests will have options such as yellowfin tuna carpaccio, Beef Wellington, pan-roasted local duck breast, pan-roasted halibut, traditional plum pudding and chocolate Yule log for dessert. The Hill restaurant will be serving holiday meals on Christmas.
- Barnsley Gardens is full of holiday cheer, and the celebration starts with a family campfire sing-a-long, complete with s’mores. The resort is located on more than 3,000 acres in North Georgia and features a variety of activities such as golf, horseback riding, a spa and hiking. Christmas Day starts off on the right foot with a special buffet featuring nostalgic fare and an elaborate selection of desserts. It’s $65 per adult and $30 per child. But the day isn’t over. Join guests for a family scavenger hunt — complete with a map and clues that will send you to special places around the resort. Need a little relaxation? Then join the resort’s resident artist for a painting class, where you can sip beer, wine or champagne while relaxing. It’s $65 per canvas.
- The Hotel Indigo is the perfect hotel for a family holiday getaway. The Downtown location offers all the excitement and beauty of the area, complete with the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola and other museums, while the Midtown location is perfect for just crossing the street and watching the “Nutcracker” at the Fabulous Fox Theatre. Need another incentive? The Hotel Indigo is pet friendly so you can take your pup with you.
- The Four Seasons Atlanta is always a fantastic hotel for a staycation or visit. Join the other guests for a Christmas- themed brunch on Dec. 23 ($90 for adults); and then a Christmas Eve prix fixe dinner for $95. Enjoy the traditional Four Seasons elevated holiday buffet ($125 for adults; $60 for ages 6-12).
- The Renaissance Atlanta Midtown is getting into the holiday spirit with a three-course prix fixe dinner for $45 per person; $20 for ages 12 and younger. It’s the perfect place to relax and let the spirit of Christmas make your day enjoyable.
- Throughout the month of December the Whitley Hotel (formerly Ritz-Carlton Buckhead) has several activities such as a traditional holiday tea (along with cocoa and cider and a visit from Santa) and a Children’s Holiday Tea with Santa, complete with a reading of the “Night Before Christmas” as well as cookie decorating and gingerbread house building. But the fun really kicks up on Christmas Day with a buffet, musical entertainment and a photo opportunity with the man himself, Mr. Claus. The hotel is also offering some special packages such as the Holiday Shop, Stay and Spa with a dining room credit at the Trade Room, a credit to the spa, a bottle of wine and house car service (the special is only good through Dec. 24). There is also Christmas at the Whitley, which is for a one-night stay with tickets to the annual feast (two adults, one child) and a $100 dining room credit.
- The iconic Hyatt Regency Atlanta is the perfect place to anchor your Christmas stay. It’s right in the heart of Downtown. Not only is the Regency beautifully decorated, it’s running incredible specials with prices as low as $67 on select days throughout the holidays. Meanwhile, its sister hotel, the Grand Hyatt Buckhead is equally beautifully decorated and is running specials starting as low as $111 on select dates throughout the holidays.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.