CNN Studio Tours
See how the news comes to life
*Please note: Tours are temporarily suspended due to an abundance of caution regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). Please check for updates at tour.cnn.com.
Get behind the scenes of Cable News Network (CNN), which is based right here in Atlanta, Ga. A 50-minute guided walking tour lets you peek into the newsroom, control room and much more. Be sure to keep your eyes wide open; there’s no telling who you might see while walking the halls.
Reasons to take the CNN Studio Tour
- Your tour begins on a long ride up the world’s largest freestanding escalator (which, before CNN, used to take visitors up to “The World of Sid and Marty Krofft,” an indoor amusement park). In fact, during the Sid and Marty Krofft days, the space that is now CNN’s main newsroom was a human pinball machine. The escalator is 196-feet long and eight stories high.
- You’ll see how a teleprompter works.
- You’ll find out how the weather map works.
- You’ll watch the action inside Studio 7, the largest studio CNN has ever built anywhere in the world.
- You’ll get a better understanding of how newsman John King moves things around on the touch-screen on election night.
- If you want to experience a little more than you get to see on the regular tour, take the VIP tour.
- Elevator-assisted tours are available.
- Make reservations ahead of time.
Know before you go
When is CNN Studio Tours open?
CNN Studio Tours is open 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The CNN Store is open 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Where is CNN Studio Tours located?
CNN Studio Tours is located inside the CNN Center at the corner of Marietta Street and Centennial Olympic Park Drive in Downtown Atlanta at:
One CNN Center,
Atlanta, Ga. 30303.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.