Explore the Magic of the Underwater World
ALL NEW – The Colorful Wonders of Coastal Birds exhibit features roseate spoonbill and scarlet ibis. These beautiful birds can be found in the Margaritaville Vacation Club Dolphin Coast gallery.
From small blacktip reef sharks to massive whale sharks and everything in between, Georgia Aquarium offers one of the largest and most dynamic shark exhibits in North America. See the dolphin show, suit up and try an underwater encounter with sting rays and sharks or go behind-the-scenes with sea lions. Georgia Aquarium may be docked on dry land in downtown Atlanta, but dive inside and you’ll discover more than 10 million gallons of water, home to more animals than at any other aquarium. Visitors of all ages will enjoy learning about and experiencing a diverse array of animals and habitats.
Reasons to Visit Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta
- Atlanta’s aquarium is home to tens of thousands of animals including 500 species from around the world and more than 60 habitats.
- The aquarium features a number of exhibits that are sure to reel you in such as Aquanaut Adventure, Cold Water Quest, Dolphin Coast Presented by Margaritaville by Wyndham, Ocean Voyager Built by The Home Depot, SHARKS! Predators of the Deep®, River Scout and Tropical Diver.
- The largest exhibit at Georgia Aquarium measures 284 feet long x 126 feet wide x 30 feet deep at the maximum depth. It holds 6.3 million gallons of water and is home to whale sharks, manta rays and more swimmers.
- The second largest exhibit holds 800,000 gallons of water and is home to six beluga whales.
- And you won’t want to miss the dolphins exhibit and dolphin show at Georgia Aquarium featuring an expansive underwater dolphin viewing window and a spectacular musical theatrical performance that highlights the emotional bond shared between dolphins and humans.
- Arrive when the aquarium opens to beat the crowds.
- Have a sleepover inside one of the Georgia Aquarium’s exhibits. Night-night.
- Don a wet suit, dive into the water and swim with whale sharks, manta rays and more.
Know Before You Go
When is the Aquarium Open?
Georgia Aquarium is open 365 days a year. Check the website for hours of operation.
Where is the Georgia Aquarium Located?
How Much do Tickets to the Aquarium Cost?
Purchase discount Georgia Aquarium tickets in advance online with a variety of ticket options and packages to choose from. Save on General Admission with a Membership Package (Zoo Atlanta & Georgia Aquarium, get it?)–two great attractions for one low price. Discounted ticket pricing and other perks are available for groups of 25 or more.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.