Fernbank Museum of Natural History
Meet the world’s largest dinosaurs
Fernbank Museum of Natural History is a journey to another time and place. A visit to Fernbank brings a unique opportunity to explore cultural treasures of people from around the world, experience the thrill of a film in the Giant Screen Theater, enjoy science and marvel at the largest dinosaurs ever discovered.
Reasons to visit Fernbank Museum of Natural History
- See the Giants of the Mesozoic, the largest dinosaurs in the world. We’re talking the Argentinosaurus, on of the largest dinosaurs ever, and the 47-foot-long, 8-ton Giganotosaurus.
- Travel from the Appalachian Mountains to Okefenokee Swamp to coastal barrier islands in “A Walk through Time in Georgia.”
- Look down. The floors are made of 40,000 limestone tiles featuring fossils dating back to the Jurassic period.
- There is a 900-gallon saltwater aquarium, children’s discovery rooms, a rose garden and a dining room that offers a view of a 65-acre hardwood forest.
- NatureQuest is an innovative children’s wing featuring interaction with live animal habitats and exploration of ecosystems found throughout the state and in your own backyard. With hands-on activities for children of all ages, NatureQuest’s multilevel clubhouse provides an immersive experience for the whole family.
- Take a walk through Wildwoods and Fernbank Forest, where you’ll find a walkway in the treetops, interactive exhibits and trail-side experiences.
- Take time out of your visit to catch an entertaining and educational film at Fernbank’s Giant Screen 3D Theater.
- On the second Friday of each month, attend Fernbank After Dark for outdoor explorations, live music, full bars and tapas menus. You must be 21 and older to attend.
Know before you go
When is Fernbank open?
Fernbank is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Where is Fernbank located?
Fernbank Museum of Natural History is located east of Midtown, near Emory University at the corner of Ponce de Leon Avenue and Clifton Road. The physical address is:
767 Clifton Road
Atlanta, Ga. 30307
Free on-site parking is available.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.