Atlanta Botanical Garden
Expore 30 acres of urban oasis
Explore more than 30 acres of breathtaking botanical bliss at the Atlanta Botanical Garden, located adjacent to Piedmont Park in Midtown. Since the Garden opened more than 35 years ago, there’s been more than 50 different updates, new exhibits and upgrades applied to the facility, making these gardens a must-see for any family in Atlanta.
Reasons to visit the Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Garden Lights, Holiday Nights at the Atlanta Botanical Garden lights the night with one million energy-efficient LED lights every holiday season.
- Weekly shows and classes include Orchid Daze, Tai Chi and so much more.
- Inside the Fuqua Orchid Center, see a rare collection of high-elevation orchids never before grown in the Southeast.
- Spend the day with your kids visiting the Children’s Garden, swimming in the Sunflower Fountain, exploring the Venus flytraps in the Soggy Bog, and learning about honeybees in the observation hive.
- Walk through the treetops on the Kendeda Canopy Walk, learn about new plants in the Sheffield Botanical Library and discover seasonal edibles in the Edible Garden.
- Visit on a Thursday evening May through October until 10 p.m. for cocktails in the garden and a beautiful view of the Atlanta, GA skyline.
- The Atlanta Botanical Garden hosts concerts – check the website for the current schedule of events to see if one of your favorite artists is performing.
- The new parking deck also gives easy access to Piedmont Park.
Know before You Go
When is the Atlanta Botanical Garden open?
Hours for the Atlanta Botanical Garden are:
Tuesday – Sunday, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Mondays, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Members only
Where is the Atlanta Botanical Garden located?
The Atlanta Botanical Garden is located in Midtown Atlanta adjacent to Piedmont Park at:
1345 Piedmont Avenue,
Atlanta, GA 30309
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.