Shop Like A Local Atlantan On Bennett Street
Atlanta has some of the best shopping malls in the Southeast and, frankly, even the country. But it also has little nooks where small boutiques and restaurants flourish. They are not hard to find, exactly; let’s just say they’re hiding in plain sight.
Perhaps the best-known and oldest of these little shopping areas is Bennett Street in south Buckhead. Located right off Peachtree Street, it was a former warehouse district turned into a hip singles scene in the ’70s that was anchored by one of the city’s most famous watering holes, Harrison’s. Harrison’s is long gone, and Bennett Street evolved into an enclave of art studios, galleries, beauty salons, renovation experts, decorative art shops and clothing boutiques.
Here are some of our favorite Bennett Street gems.
- Albert Antiques specializes in English and French furniture.
- Allan Arthur Oriental rugs specializes in antique rugs in a variety of styles such as Art Deco, American and Tribal and from places such as Persia and China.
- Cadeaux offers an eclectic selection of 18th- and 19th-century furnishings plus architectural and garden elements.
- Expert Restorations is the place to go to have antiques and objects d’art restored.
- Fabulous Things is a decorative arts store that specializes in tasteful home furnishings. It also does custom pieces.
- Interiors Markets is one of the area’s top antique, vintage and modern home furnishing, art decor and lighting sources. Its 10,000-square-foot warehouse ensures that you will find what you want — and you won’t find their merchandise anywhere else.
- Nottingham Fine Hand Made Furniture harkens back to the days when craftsmen made furniture by hand. Well, in today’s world, you can go to Nottingham for that. No matter the piece — tables, chairs, wall units, desks — you can have it made by hand and pass it down for generations.
- Overton Rugs specializes in old and new Persian and Turkish rugs, kilims, needlepoints and antique tapestries.
- Terry Taylor Custom Interiors specializes in interior design.
Beauty and Health
- Bennett Street Salon & Spa offers stylists who offer a broad range of services for both men and women.
- Hey Girly Hair Salon specializes in healthy hair, natural hair, relaxed hair, sew-in weaves, extensions, skin wefts and braidless sew-ins.
- Body Central Pilates is a pure Pilates studio that preserves and continues the teachings of Joseph H. Pilates. Instructors were trained by master teacher Romana Kryzanowski, a protege of Pilates. They complete a rigorous 600-hour apprenticeship. Body Central is the only fully equipped Pilates studio in Buckhead.
- Imnails Noir offers a comfortable environment while your nails are pampered.
- Ten Karats Virgin Hair specializes in 100-percent virgin hair extensions. The salon carries five different collections of hair, and each collection holds up to four to five different weave patterns.
- Tippy Toes is a must visit for every woman who loves shoes, which means just about all of us. Tippy Toes carries the latest women’s fashion in clothing, too.
Music and Entertainment
- Amora Lounge is a relaxing lounge while the Amora Night Club is one of the city’s newest and sexiest night spots.
- Elleven45 Lounge is a sophisticated nightclub that offers world-class service, craft-certified mixologists, 15 HD televisions, a menu that features soul food and a premium Hookah bar. It’s open for private events seven days a week.
- Fratelli di Napoli serves up a wide selection of delicious Italian food, including salmon Romanesco, veal Genovese and linguine with gravy meats.
- Level V Atlanta is a one-stop shop for events. The venue offers 10,000 square feet of space and is equipped with a full kitchen and patio, a luxurious bar space for some of the entertainment industry’s best known names to perform. Not all events are private. Recently, the club hosted a tribute to Lauryn Hill.
- Kasi Cigar Lounge is a true cigar lounge where cigar aficionados can come enjoy a satisfying cigar, watch television and converse with fellow cigar lovers. Tune into Media Vision 848, with its free, 24-hours a day digital broadcast television for anyone with an internet connection.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.