How adventurous are you? Discover Atl and these Off-the-beaten Path Experiences.
Looking to discover Atlanta’s adventurous side? From daring dishes to festivals galore, take this BuzzFeed quiz to discover how adventurous you really are. Or check out the exciting experiences below.
HAVE YOU EVER…
- Ridden a bike over abandoned railroad tracks?
Bike, walk, run or dine on the Atlanta BeltLine.
- Shown off your skills in a skate park?
Nollie laser flip at Old Fourth Ward Skate Park.
- Danced like no one was watching in public?
If you aren’t ready, check out Burnaway, GloATL or Atlanta Ballet.
- Eaten fresh raw oysters hundreds of miles away from the ocean?
Try some of Atlanta’s best seafood restaurants.
- Battled evil super villains?
Try the Justice League: Battle for Metropolis at Six Flags Over Georgia.
- Spontaneously gotten inked?
There are plenty of great options, but why not try a spot in Little Five Points?
- Gone to a concert in a 19th-century factory?
Don’t stop with a concert. There are film screenings, dance performances and more at the Goat Farm Arts Center.
- Stayed out until the sun came up?
Start with happy hour, move to live music, then to one of Atlanta’s best bars. Finish up with Waffle House before cabbing (or ridesharing) it back to your hotel the next morning…
- Solved clues to escape a locked room?
Move quickly, solve the puzzles and most importantly – ESCAPE the room.
- Hit record-breaking speeds without fearing a ticket?
Ride out with the Andretti racing family or buckle up at the Porsche Driving Experience.
- Taken part in a con?
Whether you’re visiting from a galaxy far, far away, or if you’re a native looking to have the best Con ever, Dragon Con is an ATL must-see or do.
- Walked through the mouth of a skull?
The only thing to fear is the Triple Coronary Bypass Burger (yummmmmm!) burger that awaits you at The Vortex.
- Traveled to a music festival?
Wait. What?! You haven’t been to Music Midtown? Shaky Knees? One Musicfest? Check out the best music festivals in Atlanta.
- What about a music festival in a crazy location, like a cemetery?
Okay…well a music festival in a cemetery is a little unexpected. But that’s just one reason why Historic Oakland Cemetery is amazing.
- Participated in an epic pub crawl?
Grab a friend and start crawling (or rolling) on Atlanta Streetcar. A beer tour is always a good option, too.
- Experienced a zombie apocalypse?
Walk with the dead (extras and actors) during a movie tour. It’s okay to geek out.
- Ridden in a historic biplane?
Ride the only full-motion sim open to the public at Delta Flight Museum or go sky-high.
- Explored an entire city on foot?
Friends + Expert = Best Atlanta Tours Ever.
- Tried your hand at urban farming?
Find salvation in the soil or learn from a quick getaway to our eco-Oasis, Serenbe.
- Gone for a hot air balloon ride?
Head to this year’s best and only hot air balloon festival.
- Taken a haunted ghost tour?
Be very, very afraid walking through Historic Oakland Cemetery. (or just a li’l scared if Roosevelt walks through you at the Fox Theatre)
- Been to a street art festival?
Forever. We. Love. Atlanta. Elevate, Living Walls and other street art festivals are tagged with pride.
- Been in a parade?
Light up the night. There’s nothing like the Atlanta BeltLine Lantern Parade.
- Tried more than 10 cuisines all in one day?
You can start with Vietnamese pho on Buford Highway, end with Korean barbeque and try Mexican tacos in between.
- Eaten at the world’s largest drive-in?
What’ll ya have? = Welcome to the Varsity. How may I help you?
- Gone for a run in your underwear?
The only time granny panties are a good option are during the Cupid’s Undie Run.LEARN MORE
- Swam or dived with sharks?
Duuuun dun, Duuuun dun. Dun, dun, dun, dun… You may start humming while visiting Georgia Aquarium.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.