It’s a Miracle on Peachtree in Buckhead
Published November 21, 2023
Last Updated November 22, 2023
Miracle on Peachtree is back with new and festive, family-friendly events and activities to usher in the holiday season. From hot cocoa crawls to Christmas wreath decorating, local shopping and festive live performances, you’re certain to find more than one way to celebrate the season in Buckhead.
Festive Fun at Buckhead Village
Get into the holiday spirit at Buckhead Village from Nov. 25 through Dec. 16, from noon to 7 p.m., daily. Here’s what’s on the daily schedule:
- Street festival from noon through 7 p.m., including kids crafts and live DJs
- Stop Stylish Santa for a selfie from noon to 4 p.m.
- Story time at 3 p.m. in partnership with Buckhead Library
- Performances by Atlanta-based cellist-songwriter, looper, improviser and storyteller, OkCello & Komansé Dance Theater from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Food and drink vendors like The Red Popcorn Wagon, Tippy Tap beverage truck and Saint Germain hot chocolate
- Local shopping from the ATL Girl Gang Holiday Vendor Market
Hot Chocolate Crawl
Due to popular demand, the annual hot chocolate crawl has two dates, locations and vibes. On Saturday, Dec 2 enjoy live performances as you stroll through Buckhead Village while sipping on delicious drinks for the entire family from 4 to 7 p.m.
On Saturday, Dec. 9 check in at Lenox Square for a hot chocolate crawl that includes several vendors along Peachtree Road, including Lenox Square, Hyatt Centric, J .W . Marriott, Path Museum, Hotel Colee, Phipps Plaza, Citizens Market, AC Hotel, Nobu Hotel and Hyatt Place. 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Wreath Decorating Benefiting Atlanta Fire Rescue and Atlanta Police
There will be stations set up in front of Buckhead Library on Dec. 2 from noon to 4 p.m., where you can help decorate wreaths and sign cards for all 43 fire rescue stations across Atlanta. Sign up online and volunteer as a family.
Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
Livable Buckhead invites visitors to stroll from the Hot Chocolate Crawl in Buckhead Village District to Charlie Loudermilk Park for a Holiday Tree Lighting on Dec. 2.
Join the Georgia Boy Choir in singalongs at 6:50 p.m. while Trader Joe’s Buckhead provides festive snacks and hot chocolate. Tree lighting ceremony to take place at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 2.
2023 Christkindl German Market
The German American Cultural Foundation’s 2023 Christkindl German Market will be set up in the Buckhead Village District. The market features more than 50 vendors offering festive food and beverage treats and items to purchase plus live music and entertainment on the weekends. This traditional holiday market will run daily from Nov. 24 through Dec. 24, daily. Hours are Friday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Monday through Thursday from 3 until 8 p.m.
Christmas with the Georgia Boy Choir
Visit the Peachtree Road United Methodist Church on Dec. 8 and 9 from 7 to 9:30 p.m. to hear the internationally-acclaimed Georgia Boy Choir perform Christmas carols, classics and holiday tunes. Purchase tickets online from $15 to $40.
Holiday Happenings at Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square
- Twilight Sips & Serenades — Enjoy live music, cozy firepits and s’mores stations and festive cocktails on The Green at Phipps Plaza from 6 to 8 p.m. on Nov. 25, Dec. 2, 9 and 16.
- Grinch on The Green — On Dec. 2 from noon to 4 p.m., guests are invited to bring their pets for photos with The Grinch on The Green.
- Hot Chocolate Crawl — Both Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza will have vendors participating in the Miracle on Peachtree hot chocolate crawl on Dec. 9.
- Photos with Santa — Here’s where to get photos with Santa during Miracle on Peachtree, including Phipps Plaza, Lenox Square and the Christkindl Market.
- This year Atlanta Ballet 2 performs excerpts from “The Nutcracker” with a special complimentary 30-minute performance on the Mall Level on Nov. 25 at 6 p.m.
- Story time with Santa — Kick-off the holiday season on Nov. 26 from noon to 1 p.m. with story time with Santa and festive refreshments.
- Live Reindeer with Santa’s Sleigh (a photo op) — On Sunday, Nov. 26 from 1 to 3 p.m. Santa’s sleigh and two of his reindeer will be outside the Lenox Square main entrance for DIY holiday pics.
- Veterans and First Responders Family Day with Santa — The first 30 active military members, veterans and first responders (with valid ID) will enjoy complimentary photos with Santa on Dec. 2 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Caring Santa® — On Dec. 3 from 9 to 10:30 a.m., visitors with special needs and their families can enjoy a private Santa experience and photos on the Mall Level in Macy’s Court at Lenox Square.
- Mirror Ballerinas — Mirror Ballerinas will dazzle shoppers in the Luxury wing at Lenox Square while they shop for last-minute gifts on Dec. 23 from 2 to 8 p.m.
Holidays at St. Regis Atlanta
Experience the magic of the holiday season when The Astor Chalet from Lucy’s Market returns to The St. Regis Atlanta, beginning Friday, Nov. 24. See the signature 20-foot holiday tree and experience Afternoon Tea with Santa, festive drinks at The St. Regis Bar and Christmas Day brunch.
Brunch with Santa at the InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
On Sunday, Dec. 3 Santa will join families at brunch at the InterContinental Buckhead for cookie decorating, hot chocolate, freshly baked doughnuts, a holiday movie and brunch buffet. Reservations are available for 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. seatings.
Santa On The Shuttle
From 3 to 7 p.m. on Dec. 7 and 8, Santa will be riding The Buc shuttle, handing out candy canes and taking Christmas wishes.
Crafts and Cocoa with Santa at PATH Museum
On Saturday, Dec. 9 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. visit PATH Museum for holiday crafts with help from Mrs. Claus. PATH Museum is located in the ground level at 3399 Peachtree Road (in the building next to JW Marriott Buckhead).
Make it a Holiday Getaway in Atlanta
Plan a romantic weekend getaway or a festive holiday staycation with the kids. Join in on jolly events, enjoy dazzling decor, finish your holiday shopping, then cozy up at one of these Buckhead hotels.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.