Cool Things To Do in February in Atlanta
2020 is a leap year, giving all of us an extra day in February to celebrate black American history as well as Cupid’s favorite holiday (aka Valentine’s Day). Dig into both and so much more by checking out these activities.
February Festivals and Events in Atlanta
- Celebrate Mardi Gras at these fun events throughout the month: the Mardi Gras Midtown Block Party (Feb. 1), the Mardi Gras Streetcar Adventure (Feb. 15), the Atlanta Mardi Gras Ball (Feb. 15) and Beads & Booze (Feb. 22).
- The Atlanta Winter Beer Fest invites you to sample 150 beers, hear live music and play games near Atlantic Station. Feb. 1.
- Seishun Con celebrates all things Japanese animation, manga and culture with celebrity guests, panels, vendors and workshops at Atlanta Marriott Marquis. Feb. 1 and 2.
- The Schwartz Center at Emory University takes on different musical genres with the Bach Bowl on Feb. 2 and Big Band Night on Feb. 8. Free.
- The Groundhog Day Jugglers Festival features jugglers, juggling lessons, competitions, unicyclists, hoopers, kendama, live music and family fun at Yaarab Shrine Center. Feb. 7-9.
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with events such as the The Sweet Spot burlesque show at 595 North (Feb. 8), the Hearts & Heartbreakers striptease variety show at Red Light Cafe (Feb. 11), the Valentine’s Day Show at Dad’s Garage (Feb. 13 and 14), Sips Under the Sea at Georgia Aquarium (Feb. 14), Valentines in the Garden at Atlanta Botanical Garden (Feb. 14), Vixen’s Valentease Vaudeville and Variety Show at 7 Stages (Feb. 15) and the Love Stories of Oakland walking tour at Oakland Cemetery (Feb. 15 and 16).
- Eat your fill of oysters at the Oysterfest at Park Tavern (Feb. 8) and Oysterfest at Steamhouse Lounge (Feb. 22 and 23).
- The Atlanta Jewish Film Festival shows films from around the world that explore themes of Jewish life, culture and history. Feb. 10-27.
- Cupid’s Undie Run invites you to run half-naked in public for a good cause with a party at Park Tavern afterward. Feb. 15.
- The Atlanta Botanical Garden Flower Show brings thousands of plants, small garden displays and prize winners to Atlanta Botanical Garden. Feb. 21-23.
- Raise a glass at the Uncorked Atlanta Wine Festival and enjoy a wine tasting, craft beer, appetizers and live music at the Park Tavern. Feb. 22.
- Monster Jam fills audiences with adrenaline jolts as huge trucks with huge wheels bring huge noise and excitement to Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Feb. 22 and 23.
- The Atlanta International Auto Show features hundreds of new cars, light trucks, vans and sport utility vehicles at the Georgia World Congress Center. Feb. 26-March 1.
- Dancing with the Stars Live brightens Fox Theatre with professional and troupe dancers performing routines that range from ballroom and jazz to modern and hip-hop. Feb. 27.
- The Atlanta Kids Marathon includes kids’ races, medals and T-shirts for all plus snacks at Centennial Olympic Park. Feb. 29.
- The AMA Supercross races off-road motorcycles on dirt tracks at Mercedes-Benz Stadium; expect steep jumps, tight corners and obstacles. Feb. 29.
- The Beer, Bourbon and BBQ Festival invites you to sample beer and bourbon, eat barbecue and hear music at Atlantic Station. Feb. 29.
- The Travel & Adventure Show celebrates all things travel, featuring talks by travel experts and an expo full of travel industry vendors at Cobb Galleria Centre. Feb. 29.
Ways to celebrate Black History Month:
- Visit African-American history attractions, like the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park, the Apex Museum and the National Center for Civil & Human Rights.
- Join a tour like Tom Houck’s Civil Rights Tour, the Oakland Cemetery African-American History Tour or take yourself on a self-guided tour.
- Check out “The HBCUs: Past, Present and Future” speaker panel at the Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame on Feb. 21.
- Shop at the Besida African Print Pop-up Shop on Feb. 2.
- Attend Macy’s Celebrates Black History Month.
- Enjoy the work of Maya Angelou in “Considering Maya: A Performance Dialogue“ on Feb. 29.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.