Cool Things To Do in Atlanta in June
It’s been feeling like summer for a few weeks now, but June 21 is the day when things really heat up-not just the temperature. We’re talking things to do in Atlanta. Dive in.
- The Candler Park Music & Food Festival features live music, food trucks, full bars, and arts & crafts vendors. May 31 and June 1.
- The Atlanta Ultimate Women’s Expo brings keynote speakers, shopping, classes and a beauty lounge to the Georgia World Congress Center. June 1 and 2.
- The Summer Indie Craft Experience features dozens of vendors selling vintage clothing, jewelry, furniture, decor and home goods at Yaarab Shrine. June 1 and 2.
- The Atlanta Food & Wine Festival celebrates cuisine of the South with tastings, dinners, brunch and classes at Loews Atlanta Hotel in Midtown and nearby tents. June 1 and 2.
- Summerfest brings art, music, food, a kids fest and a Saturday 5K to Virginia-Highland. June 1 and 2.
- The Southeastern Designer Showhouse & Gardens invites you to tour a newly built Buckhead residence highlighting interior design and landscape architecture. June 1 and 2.
- The 7th Annual Atlanta Fringe Festival includes 23 performance groups in artistic mediums like theater, dance, puppetry, circus, comedy, drama, solo shows, opera and more at various venues and parties. June 3-9.
- Cocktails in the Garden invites you to enjoy cocktails, live music and games while you stroll through the Atlanta Botanical Garden. Thursdays, through September.
- American Ninja Warrior filmed in Atlanta at Mercedes-Benz Stadium will air on NBC. June 5.
- “Pride & Joy: The Marvin Gaye Musical” celebrates the story of singer and songwriter Marvin Pentz Gaye at Fox Theatre. June 6-9.
- Rock the Cure invites you to support diabetes research while also enjoying live music, local beer, food and raffle prizes at SweetWater Brewery. June 8.
- Atlanta Streets Alive banishes cars on a section connecting the Eastside to the Westside so that pedestrians can walk, run, bike and participate in myriad entertainment activities in the street. June 9.
- The Juneteenth Atlanta Parade & Music Festival is a free three-day music festival with vendors and children’s activities at the Home Depot Backyard. It includes a parade and fireworks. June 14-16. Mozely Park also holds a Juneteenth Parade and Music Festival, June 14-16. Likewise, Atlanta History Center celebrates with a Juneteenth Program, June 15 and 16.
- Birthday Bash ATL brings various hip-hop artists to State Farm Arena for an epic show. June 15.
- The Atlanta Summer Beer Fest brings 150 beers and tons of live music to Historic Fourth Ward Park. June 15.
- Th Atlanta Chicken & Beer Festival invites you to sample fried chicken dishes from 30+ restaurants at Piedmont Park. June 15.
- The 10th Annual Mississippi in the Park brings live music and authentic food (think catfish/chicken plates) to Chastain Park. June 15.
- Family Food Fest Atlanta offers food tastings and live R&B music at Georgia Railroad Freight Depot. June 16.
- Jazz Matters brings great jazz to The Wren’s Nest once a month from June to September. June 21.
- The Decatur Beach Party brings 80 tons of sand to the streets of Decatur Square, plus kids’ activities, live bands, carnival food, beer and wine. Free. June 21.
Find a pool and make a splash to kick off summer:
- Piedmont Park Pool
- Grant Park Pool
- Chastain Park Pool
- Candler Park Pool
- Powell Park Pool
- Southbend Park Pool
- Historic Fourth Ward Park splash pad
- W Atlanta-Buckhead hosts a “Sundaze’” event that opens the hotel’s outdoor pool to the public (adults).
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.