What’s open in Atlanta? Atlanta Attractions Reopening with New Hours and Safety Practices
Some Atlanta attractions are reopening their doors after closing for an extended time due to COVID-19. We are keeping a regularly updated list of what establishments are reopening and how their hours and services have adapted to keep customers and employees safe and healthy.
Don’t forget that dine-in service is also returning to some Atlanta restaurants.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden: Expect timed ticketing and a limited number of guests admitted every 15 minutes. Safety guidelines and recommendations can be found at the garden’s website. Extended summer hours are Tuesdays–Sundays 9 a.m.–9 p.m. (last entry at 8 p.m.). Cocktails in the Garden begin daily at 5 p.m. Garden members may enjoy members-only hours on Mondays from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Chattahoochee Nature Center: The grounds are open with a limited, timed admission system. Members: Reservations are required in order to secure date and timed entrance. Visitors: Admission tickets must be purchased in advance, which will include date and time to visit. Walk-ups cannot be accommodated at this time.
- Fernbank Museum: Reopening June 1. Online admission purchase only (online fees have been eliminated), timed ticketing, contactless check-in, lowered capacity limits to support social distancing. Entry times 9 a.m.-noon, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. or 5 p.m.-9 p.m. No re-entry or outside food/drink. Some large events have been canceled.
- Porsche Experience Center: The center reopened as of May 19 with additional sanitation practices for guests. Hours can be found on the website.
- SkyView Atlanta:
Monday-Thursday: 4-10 p.m.
Friday: 4 -11 p.m.
Saturday: 12 -11 p.m.
Sunday: 12 -10 p.m.
SkyView will no longer accept cash; only debit and credit cards for transactions.
- Stone Mountain Park: Only park attractions are closed at this time. You can still access the natural areas of the park, including: Grist Mill & Covered Bridge, Quarry Exhibit, Hiking & Nature Trails, including the Walk-Up Trail, Carillon and the Songbird Habitat & Trail. An annual parking pass or daily park entry fee includes access to these areas. The Stone Mountain Golf Club also remains open at this time.
- Zoo Atlanta: There is a timed ticketing system to limit the number of guests at any given time. Weekday hours are 9 a.m.–5:30 p.m. Last entry is 4 p.m. Weekend hours are 9 a.m.–6 p.m. Last entry is 4:30 p.m.
Get to know Atlanta, and discover the best things to do around the city.